FELs and attachments

/ FELs and attachments #1  

daTeacha

Veteran Member
I went to talk with a more knowledgeable sales guy today at the main store of my Kubota/Case dealer. While discussing the merits of various sizes and models, we were looking at a Case DX26/23 and the DX33/29. I had been pointing out my size/space concerns and he mentioned that I'd be better off getting a Woods FEL instead of the Case model if I wanted to get a Case tractor. Reason given -- The Case loader is designed to allow clearance on the NH versions when Supersteer is an option. As a result, the bucket sits farther forward, limit lift somewhat and increasing weight transfer to the front wheels due to the longer lever arm.

Secondly, the Woods FELs are cheaper and come in all major colors. He gave me a brochure showing their 1000 series. What caught my eye was the fact that there is a QA option on all but the two smallest ones, and that option leads to the choice of manure forks, manure forks with grapple, another grapple designed for other materials with a solid bottom, a 4 in 1 bucket, pallet forks, and a bale spear, among other items. That's quite a list of toys a guy could put on a 25 hp tractor.

Are the other aftermarket FEL makers this good?

/ FELs and attachments #2  
<font color="blue"> As a result, the bucket sits farther forward, limit lift somewhat and increasing weight transfer to the front wheels due to the longer lever arm. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I am not a expert on this. But every mention of SS and FEL I have seen on TBN has a different model FEL than tractors without SS.
Here is a good thread to read about buying a aftermarket loader on a new tractor. When is rear ballast needed with a FEL?
Here is the follow up to the above thread. Goodbye M246, hello 7308!

<font color="blue">Secondly, the Woods FELs are cheaper and come in all major colors. </font>
And may have more markup for the dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif