Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #21  
Groundhog equipment lists a "central rotary motor" which might be the slew motor:

Might be worth calling them. Obviously a different machine but they do sell a similar small machine in their lineup.

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #22  
I have no idea the machine was brand new with about 24 hrs on it. i’m guessing it was a ball bearing on starting to think it might’ve been even cavitation. I’m not sure.
I don't think I would use it before verifying where the debris came from. I would take the time, while the machine is down, to drain the fluid and inspect the tank for metal fragments. Also check the pickup tube in tank for a suction filter or screen. should be something to catch the big chunks before they reach the pump. also drain the lines and cylinders and change the hyd fluid. I dont think there are any ball bearings in that motor. But, I am old and could be wrong.

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #23  
Yeah, they don’t have much in the way of component parts. It’s mainly attachments for the excavator and tracks. I haven’t been able to find anything on hydraulic parts on that site.
I found Hydraulic motor but not the right number. They have the Chat feature, maybe try if cant find anywhere else. AGT chicago 20240122_220218.jpg

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #25  
That BM2-351 seems like a very convenient typo from a BM2-315. Hydraulic geroller motors typical come in in 200cc, 250 cc, 315cc then 400 cc, which are often part of the model designation. So the 315 cc makes more sense to me.

If you go by dimensions, I'm pretty sure you'll find a motor very fast. The taller the motor, the more CC it has.

For instance, Bailey has a BM2 series motors on their website. Grab a chart from that series of motors and start comparing dimensions.

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #26  
That BM2-351 seems like a very convenient typo from a BM2-315. Hydraulic geroller motors typical come in in 200cc, 250 cc, 315cc then 400 cc, which are often part of the model designation. So the 315 cc makes more sense to me.

If you go by dimensions, I'm pretty sure you'll find a motor very fast. The taller the motor, the more CC it has.

For instance, Bailey has a BM2 series motors on their website. Grab a chart from that series of motors and start comparing dimensions.
I bet you are right about the typo.. I have seen many typos in literature on these China diggers. I dont know why I didnt think of it, good catch! (y)

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #27  
Thanks for your replies we actually took the rotational motor out of the excavator and disassembled the motor and it turns out there was a piece of metal or a ball, bearing inside the pump, which is jammed up the pump mechanism and I tore it up inside jamming the sprocket that pumps the fluid and turning the motor so I’m in the process now I’m trying to locate a new hydraulic Orbital motor model number bm2-351 but can’t seem to find anyone that sells parts for these things. Any ideas
Am replacing my QH12 slewing motor due to lower bearing seal seeping. Cameron Sweet on The Garage Connection reviewed his FF12 and H12 excavators and makes no distinction between the two on the slewing motor identified as BM2-315. Emailing with him, he has not sourced that motor replacement.
Baileyhydraulics.com lists a model

HydroCustom BM2 Series Hydraulic Motor - 19.2 (315) Displ., 1/2 NPT Ports, 1” Straight Key Shaft, 4 Bolt Flange​

SKU *** 322-0397
They don't list a 351.
I am on waiting list for them to restock.
I am certain now that the QH12 I have uses BM2-250 swing motor.
Forget Bailey, I just ordered a motor from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D12LFQTX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
They have the -315 also. I inspected engineering drawings of both and found no discrepancy between the two. Flow and performance charts virtually the same.
Long shipping estimate: May 15 - June 5.

Last edited:
   / Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #28  
Groundhog equipment lists a ""dental

slew motor:

Might be worth calling them. Obviously a different machine but they do sell a similar small machine in their lineup.

Groundhog equipment lists a "central rotary motor" which might be the slew motor: distributes flow to lower chassis motors and shovel cylinder. They list a " side swing motor " just below the central rotary. Difficulty with Groundhog's site, as they don't have any search window and don't list parts available. Their machines appear to be very different from the AGT types.

/ Ff12 mini excavator stopped rotating after being washed #29  
Not sure if this has been resolved yet but the owner at wspoweronline is very helpful and can get almost anything drop shipped from China.