FFC V-Plow for FEL - First Impressions

/ FFC V-Plow for FEL - First Impressions
Just as a Follow Up, I bought the Virnig SBV84. Bought it september 2015. Had no reason to use it in all of 2015-2016. This Winter was good though. Had small snows this winter and I either used the big tractor with this plow or my Cub Cadet Garden Tractor which works real well.
ANYWAY.... The Virnig plow is a 1200 lb beast. It will outlive me without a doubt. Grease fittings everywhere and super heavy. A very good fit for my 8000lb tractor. I think it would be best to look elsewhere if you have a 20-30HP Agriculture tractor as their lift capacity is not as much as the tractor I have.
Very happy with Virnig. Sales guy at LANO Agriculture could not have been more friendly and helpful.

Glad that it worked out! The usual route I use to get our Gator to our side porch from our driveway to restock firewood got cut off by a monster drift, so I decided to cut in an alternate route with the V-Plow. Too rocky there to use a blower, so just set the plow about 6 inches off the ground and slowly plowed the new route through about 2 1/2 to 3 feet of old snow. Chains on all 4 and diff lock. I was somewhat surprised I could make it. (I did have to back up and make a second push with higher speed a couple places, the MX just isn't that heavy.)

/ FFC V-Plow for FEL - First Impressions #22  
Just stumbled on this post...again. It's been a few years, so here's an update... still got the Virnig plow, still VERY happy. The first year I did make big ole Skids to help it on my stone driveway. See the Red feet in the PIC
I like that it stands on it's own when not in use. Unlike straight plows, I set the plow in a 'V' and drop it down on blocks, for added height. It balances nicely this way and the Quick Attach end stays up out of the mud.

Attachments

• Virnig freestanding plow.jpg
    Virnig freestanding plow.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 163
   / FFC V-Plow for FEL - First Impressions
I just lost a skid shoe on my V-plow. I think it happened when I was back-dragging snow in front of a gate, trying to get access without too much shoveling. I sifted through a ton of snow (literally) for an hour but didn't find it, and the plow digs into the surface way too much without it. $92 for a new one with shipping. Ouch. Hoping the lost shoe turns up in April.

/ FFC V-Plow for FEL - First Impressions #24  
I just lost a skid shoe on my V-plow. I think it happened when I was back-dragging snow in front of a gate, trying to get access without too much shoveling. I sifted through a ton of snow (literally) for an hour but didn't find it, and the plow digs into the surface way too much without it. $92 for a new one with shipping. Ouch. Hoping the lost shoe turns up in April.

yeah, big$$$ for something kinda simple. When I made my larger ones, I I just welded the vertical Rod to the top of the Foot. It wasn't the best way to go as it sheared off and I lost the new foot. Fortunately, a few weeks later we had enough melt that the Foot and all the washers were sitting there on the side of the driveway. Drilling into the Foot so the vertical Rod (1 1/8 diameter) drops down into the foot then welding both sides did the trick.