Figured it was time

/ Figured it was time #1  

Topher265

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere F935
After reading various threads, I figured I'd actually join :D.

Having just moved from a city lot to 3.1 acres, I'm looking forward to figuring out the mower to buy. I hope to be a helpful member.

/ Figured it was time #4  
Welcome from VA

/ Figured it was time
Thanks for the welcome!

A little bit more about myself:

I'm an ASE certified master technician with two degrees. Began working on trucks and diesels as a mechanic in the Army. I got out and was working my way up the food chain at an automotive dealership when life decided to change my career field! I then was a stock broker for a number of years, before going back in the Automotive field, to teach automotives at the school I received my AD from. I finally ended up at a huge tire distributor, working on the technical services side.

/ Figured it was time #6  
:welcome: from SW Ohio

/ Figured it was time
So....

I bought my new(er) mower. It's a JD F935 with the 60" rear-discharge deck (which is ridiculously heavy) and it also came with the lighted cab which is also heated. On top of that, it came with the JD 48" 2-stage snow thrower and the JD 54" blade.

Here's two pics with the mower deck on. It may not be pretty, but it's doing what I want it to do. I've been going over it and updating all maintenance/checks so I have a baseline to start with. So far it cut my time to mow my 3.1 acres from 3.5hrs to 1.5 and I expect to be around 1-1.25hrs once I learn a better pattern to follow. Of course my fuel use has dropped as well (best guess is about 1/2 what the cub was using in gas). I'll probably do a mild restoration in the next year or two to try and stop rust and fix most of the dents. Many reviews said the cut quality would be inferior but from what I'm seeing, I'm rather impressed (and this is with old blades of unknown age).

After I get more hours on it, I'll get an actual review posted here.

D4AA3A70-B6B8-4D31-B795-C4FE74100E72_zpsehcdmjy1.jpg

45B62804-8C0E-4BFC-B4DE-845DE12F670A_zpsmvl30asn.jpg

/ Figured it was time #9  
Looking good
should be able to do a good job for a long time