Filter fiasco

/ Filter fiasco #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
Long story short started doing a spring maintenance on my FT 360 DTC all went well until I went to change the hydraulic filter and the new NAPA filter would not work the threaded hole in the filter was to small and the one on my tractor was much larger after many phone calls and lots of trips to different parts houses and tractor dealerships with everyone telling me that that was the filter listed in everything they could find, I finally asked to look up what filter a 390 hydostatic took and bingo that was it. My tractor was apparently plumbed from the factory as a 390 hydrostatic, now the bad news is the filter that my tractor should have on it is around 21.00 from NAPA and the one I had to buy is $58.00 from NAPA, salesman said it was because it was Metric and the other one was not, needless to say I'm not very happy about it, have any of you guys had any similar experiences?:mad:

/ Filter fiasco #2  
how new is the tractor?

under warranty?

soundguy

/ Filter fiasco #3  
Later 360's used the same filter as a 390HST. This also applies to later 300's, and all 270, 320 models. Don't remember the cut off year. LG- LS felt they had a restriction in flow, so they increased size of hole in the filter. It did increase loader speed.

/ Filter fiasco
how new is the tractor?

under warranty?

soundguy
I bought the tractor new in 2007 and had the dealer do the first service, so I did'nt catch it then, and now that Farmtrac is out of business there is no warranty, fortunately for me I have only had 2 very small issues that I was able to handle, it has been very dependable I was just whipped out about the $58.00 filter.

/ Filter fiasco
Later 360's used the same filter as a 390HST. This also applies to later 300's, and all 270, 320 models. Don't remember the cut off year. LG- LS felt they had a restriction in flow, so they increased size of hole in the filter. It did increase loader speed.
Thank's trac that explains it, there is no substitution for prior experiences and apparently you have had them with these models:thumbsup: I wonder why the former FT dealer that I deal with was'nt aware of this as he sold a lot of these models?Guys like you and a few others are us owners best source of info on issues like this as apparently all the cross reference books show only the old filter # and not the new one, thank's for your help. Just in case anybody else runs into this the filter is NAPA # 1715 or Wix # 51715 for hydraulic filter.

Last edited:
   / Filter fiasco #6  
I bought the tractor new in 2007 and had the dealer do the first service, so I did'nt catch it then, and now that Farmtrac is out of business there is no warranty, fortunately for me I have only had 2 very small issues that I was able to handle, it has been very dependable I was just whipped out about the $58.00 filter.

Try this place online, they mainly sell balderson and I have had very good luck with them. My hydraulic filter was about half here than at my local parts store.

All Products : apartsdepot!, Serving Arizona Since 1967 now the World

/ Filter fiasco #7  
The Farmtrac # LG4399; Carquest # 85715; Luber-finer # LFH8207 -Later 300,360, all 270, 320, and 390 models. This is the filter I have used for 6+ years.

/ Filter fiasco #8  

you shoulod see the price of the 1-gallon paint can sized hyd filter, and the inner / outter air filters on my nh 7610s... i'd love to only pay 58$

heck.. fuel filter is 40$ too.. :)

soundguy

/ Filter fiasco #9  
The Farmtrac # LG4399; Carquest # 85715; Luber-finer # LFH8207 -Later 300,360, all 270, 320, and 390 models. This is the filter I have used for 6+ years.

This filter crosses to ESL15900, Farmtrac original supplies.
Can get them all over the net.