Finally Finished My '68 MF135

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135
I used a quick dry enamel,just the cheap stuff you get at auto stores,
I found out that paint manufactures say quick when they mean 24 hours,
Pretty pleased with the result, the paint when dry is hard ( doesn't scratch easily) and is fully resistant to diesel.

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135 #12  
I used enamel as well. I also added a bit more hardener which gave it a higher luster. I've always admired the European style of 135's. They are more versatile. Great job.

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135 #13  
Two weeks of very hard Yakka,

This is what He was like when I purchased a few weeks ago.
A pretty straight, low hour (3750) one owner tractor,
straight forward fixer upper.
I had the sort out the transmission, and the Multi Power,
Repalce all the Gauges and the steering wheel ( I had to cut off the origional wheel as it was rusted on)
all the rubbers.Headlights etc, etc, etc
The panel work was not what I thought, it had been repainted at some stage, lots of filler in the guards
I cleaned it all off and repaired therm properly

View attachment 488617

He now looks like this

View attachment 488613

View attachment 488614

View attachment 488615

View attachment 488616

Very happy it's finished

Hooroo, John

You did a nice job on cleaning it up! Now go enjoy it.

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135 #14  
Excellent job .
Where did you find the original Yuba muffler( Australian Spark arrestor spec )???

Well done .
Hutch.

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135
Excellent job .
Where did you find the original Yuba muffler( Australian Spark arrestor spec )???

Well done .
Hutch.

Hi Hutch, the muffler was on it when I got it, still in good nick, the tractor has only done 3500 hrs.

I did see one for sale on ebay , I think it was last week, maybe a couple of weeks ago.

Hooroo, John

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135 #16  
I used enamel as well. I also added a bit more hardener which gave it a higher luster. I've always admired the European style of 135's. They are more versatile. Great job.

The Kid,
I noticed in an earlier post that you had a Yamaha Terrapro. Is it still available? I have 7 Terrapros and multiples of every attachment. Feel free to contact me via email if you have any questions. I am also in Tn.

/ Finally Finished My '68 MF135 #17  
Looks lovely now :thumbsup: Good job on both - I recall you repainting the grey several months ago. You're going to need to keep the dust off both now :eek: But I must add, in the "Before" pic she looked great too ... just like ours, but even then she had more paint. :laughing: Kind of like "having her workwear on" :D is how we are used to seeing them. Mate, she will look much more original if you would paint the wheel nuts silver! ;) I think the axle ends were originally grey too, but looks very tidy anyway.
Regarding the exhaust, ours is the original, repaired a few times but always seemed to crack at the base of the lower tapered section. I wanted to keep it though, for its original sound. My loader with the same engine cannot use the same stack, and therefore has a completely different and less distinctive sound.
I repaired my 135's exhaust by welding in an additional taper of suitable dimensions which I cut off an old catalytic converter casing from a motor vehicle. Then I slid the second taper over it and welded it in place to strengthen it. Now there are no leaks, it is stronger, and it sounds just like it should, and usually did. :thumbsup: