Finally Got My Dream Tractor!

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #11  
Looks amazing but be super careful. That tractor wants to kill you. Almost no safety features besides neutral safety switch.

I would install a ROPS soonest. (Roll Over Protection System)

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #13  
Good purchase. That will be a great all around tractor (as long as you don't need the pto). About the decals, George Bradish Tractor Parts would have anything you need for that tractor. He is in PA within 10 miles of me. He knows the old Fords inside and out and he actually specializes in decals.

I'm not sure if you are asking about a shift pattern decal though. Those tractors didn't have a decal for the shift pattern, if that is what you are asking- it is stamped on the transmission cover. It would not be factory correct to do so, but one could always highlight the pattern with a different color paint to make it easier to read.

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #14  
On my Massey the shift pattern is on the knob

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #15  
Nice looking machine. That shift pattern will be sure to confuse new operators LOL I still remember my Father in law the first time he tried to drive my 64 2000 that had that 5 speed.
Take care if it and it will last a good long while

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #16  
Any signwriter should be able to cut a nice decal for you. Just show them what you want. If you can find a pic of an original they can now print you one the same.

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #17  
I'm not sure if you are asking about a shift pattern decal though. Those tractors didn't have a decal for the shift pattern, if that is what you are asking- it is stamped on the transmission cover. It would not be factory correct to do so, but one could always highlight the pattern with a different color paint to make it easier to read.

I took it that he was looking for a shift pattern decal. I'm with you. Never saw one with a decal, it's stamped in the cover.

That shift pattern is very easy to learn. 3rd gear is the most used speed, that's why it's opposite of reverse. Great improvement over the earlier 4 spd models.

Should have a dual clutch for the PTO. Push the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and tractor motion plus PTO stops. Push the clutch 2/3 to the floor and tractor motion stops, but PTO remains enaged.

Never saw one with a ROPS. Very, very, very difficult to tip this tractor over.

/ Finally Got My Dream Tractor! #18  
Very, very, very difficult to tip this tractor over.

I agree with Richard, but only if the wheels are out wide. They are set quite narrow in the picture posted at the beginning.

Beautiful tractor by the way.