finally got to blow some snow

/ finally got to blow some snow
one thing for sure when I was blowing it at one point came to a abrupt stop, figured something boke, turned out I found the 14 inch crescent wrench we used to fix the Deere 644 last summer, now its bent in a U shape, fortunately no damage to the snowblower, has another snowfall only a inch or so but with the blowing I have 4 foot drifts in places so out again tonight

/ finally got to blow some snow #22  
Ha! Blowers always seem to find what we lost or forgot. I "found" the neighbor lady's garden gnome one time and broke a shear pin. It lodged in the auger just right so it never got to the impeller.

/ finally got to blow some snow #23  
myersjc have you considered just replacing the 9.6 motor with 8.0 motor or is there another reason you want a new blower?

/ finally got to blow some snow #24  
myersjc have you considered just replacing the 9.6 motor with 8.0 motor or is there another reason you want a new blower?

Probably the biggest thing is the cost. The motor is somewhere in the ballpark of $1,000, have not priced it yet, but back in 2013 when I bought the blower that was what they were quoting the motor at. I also am thinking of going to an SB240 for the bigger diameter fan. Bigger diameter fan with a smaller faster motor and I am expecting the snow should launch a long way.

/ finally got to blow some snow #25  
I hadn't considered how a larger fan might affect throwing distance.

/ finally got to blow some snow #26  
I had a problem with my Toolcat when I first got it, the valve that controls the switching from high flow to low flow was malfunctioning, it would switch to low flow with very little load. I had the tech come out and confirm that something was not happening correctly, they loaded up the Toolcat and took it back to the shop and worked on it for about a week. They had to get the factory involved as the high flow/low flow hydraulics are a bit complicated. Basically if I pushed the blower too hard in high flow operation it would slow way down fast and plug the chute, When it automatically switched to low flow to recover, the chute was already packed and it couldn’t push enough snow to clear it. I would have to get out and manually clear the chute every time.
I have a video of it malfunctioning not sure how to upload a video. I will keep looking.

/ finally got to blow some snow #27  

Figured it out.