Finally, I Can Help You Guys

/ Finally, I Can Help You Guys #1  

Billy_S

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, JD 400, AC 190XT
I bought my BX2230 about a year and a half ago. I have nearly 300 hours on it, so I do use it a bit. In that time, I have been mostly a lurker here. I have asked a few questions but again, mostly I have just lurked. You guys have helped me a lot and, no doubt, saved me a ton of time and money. I really do appreciate it.

I always hoped that someday, I might have gained enough knowledge that I would be able to help someone here. You know, actually contribute something. Well, I am most pleased to announce that day has finally come. I have accidently discovered something that you guys just may find helpful.

Let me say, I have no idea if what I have discovered would be applicable to any setup other than mine, but you know, my 60" MMM actually mows best if you install ALL THREE blades right side up!!!

I know. You all really appreciate me. I can feel the love.

/ Finally, I Can Help You Guys #2  
Thanks for the great tip!
I really could have used it a few years ago though. I sharpened the blades on my old Wheel Horse deck, and damned if it didn't seem to bee cutting worse, if not just the same. Oh well, i thought, it's an old machine and I've got better things to do than worry about that. When I took the deck of in the fall to put the snow blower on, I noticed that the blades were still very sharp... almost too sharp to have been cutting for the last two months. Dohh!!!

/ Finally, I Can Help You Guys #3  
There are lots of gems folks have shared in the past. My personal advice along that vein is to not have a 650# stump in your loader rated for 500#, have very little rear ballast, then go down a fair slope without having the tractor in 4WD (thereby providing some HST control of the front wheels). Not that everything combined wasn't stupid enough, but it is a REALLY wild ride once the rear wheels loose contact with planet earth...which happened...

Let's just say that logically leads to Rule #3 of tractoring: Thou shalt always have a hand on the FEL controls when loaded.

Not when drunk, I mean. When you have a load in the bucket.

/ Finally, I Can Help You Guys #4  
Now THAT is some funny stuff; I don't care who you are!