Finally mastered MMM installation - thanks!

/ Finally mastered MMM installation - thanks! #1  

isv

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Well, like so many others I thought I'd never be able to fix my 60" MMM under my B3030 - first time I tried I *thought* I'd done it after 40 minutes of agony & frustration - only to have the PTO shaft spin off when I went to mow my meadow... :mad:

In fact I gave up - and came back here and read every post I could find on attaching this deck. I've tried several approaches, and this for me is the one that works - it now takes me 5-6 minutes every time:

1 - Ensure collar on the deck's PTO shaft is well greased
2 - Attach the PTO shaft to the deck.
3 - Use loader to push front wheels up.
4 - Shove/haul the MMM under the tractor
5 - Lower front wheels. Engine off.
6 - Attach the rear pins to get the deck lined up
7 - Using left hand reach under the left hand side and push collar on to PTO
8 - Attach front of deck.

The hard work is getting the deck in position... once the deck is under the tractor I can attach the deck and hook up the PTO in less than a couple of minutes. I wouldn't have succeeded without the info from TBN - so thanks everyone, especially the folks who pointed out that a well-greased shaft is the key to happiness ;)

/ Finally mastered MMM installation - thanks! #2  
Good Luck!

/ Finally mastered MMM installation - thanks! #3  
What I found really helps is one of those foam pads to kneel on while connecting the pto shaft and rear links. Seems so much easier when you can concentrate on what you're doing instead of swearing at the little specs of sand and gravel grinding into your knees while reaching under the tractor.

/ Finally mastered MMM installation - thanks! #4  
isv said:
...The hard work is getting the deck in position... once the deck is under the tractor ......
Lock the front brace first. That puts the deck in place, then go on about your bad business.... :D