Fine Brass Powder in Front Wheels

/ Fine Brass Powder in Front Wheels #1  

cnsJohn

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 354
I'm in the process of replacing oil seals and O-rings on the front wheels of my Jinma 354. Found one wheel with the ball spacer from the bearing chewed and mangled. On the other wheel there was a good bit of brass shavings, ranging from glitter sized to powder sized. I looked at all the components of the wheel, but did not find any made of brass. Does anyone know whether there is any brass in any part of the front drive assembly?

Thank you in advance for your assistance and insight.

/ Fine Brass Powder in Front Wheels #2  
To be clear, wheels are made of steel and they are what you mount the tires on. They are held to the hubs with lug nuts. Are you talking about hubs? This will help someone with a parts book. There are undoubtedly shims or bushings in the assembly that are brass or bronze.

/ Fine Brass Powder in Front Wheels
Thanks Bob. Yes I'm working in the hubs and front final drive assemblies. In these, I have not found any brass. It could be there is some in an oil seal, but I have not found any. The finest of the brass would almost suggest tooling debris from manufacturer, but again, I see no brass.

I'm hoping someone can identify brass components anywhere in the front drive assembly. If there are none, then I'll chalk it up to a someone's lost gold jewelry :)

/ Fine Brass Powder in Front Wheels
Update: I was able to determine there should be a brass bushing just below the steering knuckle. I'll check both sides to see the condition of each.

If anyone knows of additional brass components, please post your thoughts.

Thanks.