Rear Finish Mower Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #1  

Rcl700

Tractor
MF230
I have a Bush hog RDTH 72 finish mower that is running noisy. I removed the belt and it seams like the left side spindle is noisy. The idler pulley is also making some noise.
Id like to replace the spindle bearings but am not sure what bearing number is needed. Most information I find references alternate part numbers.

Are the bearings inside these spindles open one side ( plastic cover) to allow the grease from the zerk fitting to re lubricate?
All the bearings I find have plastic covers on both sides.

Alamo / BUSH HOG: BEARING 625-2RS, Part # 574583
Bush Hog RDTH 72 RDTH Series Parts RDTH 72 RDTH Series Spindle Assembly Parts List and Diagram

625-2RS Ball Bearings, 25x52x15 mm, Sealed (Set of 8): Deep Groove Ball Bearings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #2  
Std metric bearings, 2RS seald.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #3  
If they are the right bearings, just pry the plastic shield off of one side of the new replacement bearings. ;)

Many maintenance departments do that when repairing equipment. Cuts down on stocking quantities of same bearings just for times when single sided or double sided shielded bearings are required.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP
Thank you. Do the bearings just get tapped out once the snap ring is pulled from the spindle?

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #5  
Quite sure there's no point taking the seals off.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #6  
Quite sure there's no point taking the seals off.
It all depends. There is a difference between shielded and sealed bearings which can appear to look alike.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #7  
I have a Bush hog RDTH 72 finish mower that is running noisy. I removed the belt and it seams like the left side spindle is noisy. The idler pulley is also making some noise.
Id like to replace the spindle bearings but am not sure what bearing number is needed. Most information I find references alternate part numbers.

Are the bearings inside these spindles open one side ( plastic cover) to allow the grease from the zerk fitting to re lubricate?

Alamo / BUSH HOG: BEARING 625-2RS, Part # 574583
Bush Hog RDTH 72 RDTH Series Parts RDTH 72 RDTH Series Spindle Assembly Parts List and Diagram

625-2RS Ball Bearings, 25x52x15 mm, Sealed (Set of 8): Deep Groove Ball Bearings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

============================================================================

You might as well plan on removing both spindles and seeing if there is a spindle available that has bearings that can be greased.

Check with flail master to see if they have a spindle that can be greased.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #8  
Well, how long life has a 2RS seald Bearing? Not sure there's much point in any lubrication.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #9  
I am surprised that they installed sealed bearings. Before you install the new bearings- be very very sure to pull the seals off both sides of the top bearing and the top seal of the bottom bearing otherwise the grease will only enter the top bearing in the quill/arbor and you will eventually have the same problems.

/ Finish Mower noise (RDTH72) Bearing question PLEASE HELP #10  
Look around for a local speciality bearing provider. Often times they are in back corner of some industrial area. May have to ask around at some farm or auto repair shops that work on antiques etc. for info to find one. Fleck bearing in my oklahoma area. My local napa automotive supply store is pretty good if you know which two guys to ask for. Guys good at this can do wonders with a micrometer and a set of reference books to match what you have.