Fireplace Insert Installation

/ Fireplace Insert Installation #1  

Gomez

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400
The fireplace insert I ordered a month ago is waiting at the warehouse for me to pick up today. So I will be installing it this weekend. I'm getting a full liner as well. Basically, I'm looking for some pointers about what to look out for during the installation. Thanks

/ Fireplace Insert Installation #2  
Gomez- do you have a list of parts that you are getting with it? ie. rigid pipe, flex, oval or round pipe to go through damper area? Frist big tip clean the chimney, smoke shelf and inside of fireplace. If you don't have the right tools call a chimney sweep.
Rich

/ Fireplace Insert Installation #3  
I have a stone hearth and used some steel plate and drill rods. Set the stove on the hearth on a couple of 1x4's. Then lifted the front with a crow bar. Slid in the steel plates and drill rod for rollers. Removed the 1x4's and rolled her back in place.

/ Fireplace Insert Installation #4  
Does anyone have a web address or mail order info for parts, I need to reline my flue. Thanks

/ Fireplace Insert Installation #5  
hey their tasty i don't have a web address but if you e-mail me i would try and help you with your needs. we have a fireplace store and carry all kinds of relining mat.
Rich