First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155

/ First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155 #1  

Darth_DMack

Silver Member
Tractor
2023 Mahindra 5155
Well, I did it. Put my first dent into my new tractor. I was working in a tight space, clearing trees, and I impacted a tree with my side steps of my 5155. Whacked it pretty hard... hard enough to dent them in, to where they contacted my fuel tank.

No other damage to the tractor. But, the bottom bracket is dented / bent so bad I can't straighten it.

Now, the tedious task to try to order the part from Mahindra.

I found the parts and the exploded diagram... my dealer is trying to source the brackets for me now. The main bracket that I need, is the bottom one.

Let's see how this goes!

Attachments

• Mahindra 5155 side step.PNG
    Mahindra 5155 side step.PNG
    299.8 KB · Views: 63
   / First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155 #2  
Are you sure you cant straighten? Take off and get some heat on them in a good vise and some leverage? Dont be afraid to use the machine to help straighten also....they are much stronger than we are.

/ First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155
Are you sure you cant straighten? Take off and get some heat on them in a good vise and some leverage? Dont be afraid to use the machine to help straighten also....they are much stronger than we are.

I have the step off the tractor, the bottom bracket is bent the worst. The rest of the step can be straightened... I can try heating it up and hammering it out, but I don't think I can straighten it. Had I been smart, I could have hooked my winch up to it, and "pulled" it back sort of straight, but I have already disassembled it... no way it will go back together now, unless I am able to get it close to straight.

Live and learn! ;)

/ First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155 #5  
I have the step off the tractor, the bottom bracket is bent the worst. The rest of the step can be straightened... I can try heating it up and hammering it out, but I don't think I can straighten it. Had I been smart, I could have hooked my winch up to it, and "pulled" it back sort of straight, but I have already disassembled it... no way it will go back together now, unless I am able to get it close to straight.

Live and learn! ;)

Oh yes it will with the right amount of heat! Just dont burn yourself!

/ First OOPSIE with my new Mahindra 5155 #7  
Well, I did it. Put my first dent into my new tractor. I was working in a tight space, clearing trees, and I impacted a tree with my side steps of my 5155. Whacked it pretty hard... hard enough to dent them in, to where they contacted my fuel tank.

No other damage to the tractor. But, the bottom bracket is dented / bent so bad I can't straighten it.

Now, the tedious task to try to order the part from Mahindra.

I found the parts and the exploded diagram... my dealer is trying to source the brackets for me now. The main bracket that I need, is the bottom one.

Let's see how this goes!
now that is why you cant have nice things.
been there done that, but no one was hurt and the tractor can be fixed