First Service Due For My Compact Tractor

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #1  

HickoryDean

Tractor
Kioti LB1914
Either this weekend or next, my Kioti LB1914 will hit 50 Hours. I recall last fall when I purchased it, the dealer said that the service charge is $195...and thought I would do it myself. Am I correct in thinking that I only need to change the oil and one or two filters at 50 Hours? Is there a dealer who will kindly quote me a price for the maintenance items? This tractor has the 3C093 deisel engine, and it is a 2002 model. It has a FEL. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #2  
Check your Owner's Manual to be certain, but at 50 hours the engine oil and hydraulic oil as well as the engine oil filter, hydraulic filter, HST filter and air filters plus the fuel filter were changed. In other words, all the fluids, except the radiator were changed as well as all filters. On my TC25D, the hydraulic system takes 7.5 gallons (yes, gallons, not quarts), so you better have enough drain pans. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor
Thanks Mike. I didn't realize the hydraulic had to be changed.

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #4  
at 50 hrs. all the fluids and filters SHOULD be changed. some will tell u it is not necessary, but u have to make that call. just remember to have plenty of good size drain pans as mike suggested.

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #5  
Mikes correct, thats how it was for my Kubota. I would caution you and everyone about changing the diesel fuel filter. While it is a mundane task to say the least, it will also be the source of considerable frustration if you do it wrong. I rarely change my fuel filter, its easily the quickest way to introduce particles into the injectors which are so small that a grain of sand will block it. Use a great deal of care when changing this filter. Clean the area first, blow with a air nozzle if possible any dirt that might be there. Diesel fuel needs to be very clean, the filter is pretty large when compared to the volume of fuel that flows through it. Even at 400 hours, I find that my diesel fuel filter is remarkably clean and non restrictive. It may vary in your area so use some judgment with this filter, a 50 hour change for me was completely unwarranted. The 50 hour change of the oil filters especially my HST filter was very important.

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #6  
I had the dealer perform the 50 hour service in my driveway. I also used the dealer visit to take care of things I should have ordered (bucket reinforcement and hooks), plus check out the problem I was having with the MMM lift mechanism.

/ First Service Due For My Compact Tractor #7  
I have a KIOTI LK3054 that I did the 50 hr. service on my self. If you decide to preform the service your self you will need to change all the filters and oils including the front axle plus grease all the fittings. The hydraulic filter on mine is a washable filter. I bought the hydraulic oil, engine oil and filters from a local NAPA for about $90.00 and it took about an hour to do. Don't forget to check all tractor frame and loader bolts to make sure they are tight.