Buying Advice First tractor

/ First tractor #21  
Exactly. And I'm not running across too many tractor platforms that are horsepower-limited. Most are available in at least two or three horsepowers (eg. 3033R, 3038R, 3046R), with the upper models almost always being entirely traction-limited for the tasks which they might be used. So, arguments against the few HP lost to a hydro are probably not going to hold much water, for most usage profiles.

/ First tractor #22  
I also suggest a used massey 1760m. I have a 1740m and I love it. I only wish I would've jumped to the 1760m from the get go.
IMG_20230724_085810565_HDR.jpg

/ First tractor #23  
“ Prefer JD or Kubota”. I would be interested in knowing why. Is it that those are the only dealers nearby? Limiting oneself to those two brands is like saying, I need a car, daily driver, no heavy use needs to haul a few passengers and groceries. Prefer BMW or Mercedes. It will certainly be nice, but so will a lot of other less expensive vehicles. I purchased the largest tractor that LS sells in this country for approximately $68,000 fully loaded. The same tractor in orange or green would’ve cost me close to $100,000. I have found absolutely no limitations, or to be lacking anything that the others offered. I have owned several Mercedes sedans in recent years, including a flagship S class, but I actually prefer my Ford F250 pick up truck to any of them.

/ First tractor #24  
“ Prefer JD or Kubota”. I would be interested in knowing why. Is it that those are the only dealers nearby? Limiting oneself to those two brands is like saying, I need a car, daily driver, no heavy use needs to haul a few passengers and groceries. Prefer BMW or Mercedes. It will certainly be nice, but so will a lot of other less expensive vehicles. I purchased the largest tractor that LS sells in this country for approximately $68,000 fully loaded. The same tractor in orange or green would’ve cost me close to $100,000. I have found absolutely no limitations, or to be lacking anything that the others offered. I have owned several Mercedes sedans in recent years, including a flagship S class, but I actually prefer my Ford F250 pick up truck to any of them.

/ First tractor #25  
I get depressed every time I see all your American prices! LOL

In my land of where a Kubota Grand L6060 with a loader or a JD 4 R with NO loader are approaching $90,000

Attachments

• JD.PNG
    JD.PNG
    557.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Kub.PNG
    Kub.PNG
    68.6 KB · Views: 42
   / First tractor #26  
Can you buy in USA and import yourself?

/ First tractor #27  
Can you buy in USA and import yourself?
Yes, but I'd still take a hit on exchange on my Canadian dollar. Then get hit with our tax at the border.

Oddly though my dealer sends a LOT of tractors into the USA. I know your dollar is worth more, but does it make up for prices like that?
Or am I missing something?

/ First tractor #28  
Canuk dollar has been hovering around $0.73 to $0.75 USD for quite some time, so that's easy math. What's your sales or import tax going to be?

/ First tractor #29  
Canuk dollar has been hovering around $0.73 to $0.75 USD for quite some time, so that's easy math. What's your sales or import tax going to be?
I would have to pay our 13% HST on top of the purchase price.

My friend just sent me pics of a new John Deere his school board just bought.
A 4052R cab with a loader, bucket and a set of forks. $95,000!
Ya, no thanks. LOL Good thing I maintain my current stuff because it will be staying with me for a long time.

/ First tractor #30  
I just spec’d out a Kubota M5 111 on the Kubota website to as equivalent as possible as my LSMT7101. The Kabota price is $92,000 versus 69,000 for the LS. Yes, there are some differences. The Kabota has a higher three point hitch lift capacity but doesn’t have 1000 RPMPTO. It doesn’t have a radio either :-( hard to justify 23,000 extra dollars For orange. I went with LS three years ago because the local dealer is fantastic and is ag oriented. The closest green or orange ag dealer is several hours away. Even if they were right next to each other, I guess I’m a bit of a tight wad and would have still gone with the LS. I am exceptionally pleased with the tractor. If money were no object, I would buy a Fendt