First trouble with John Deere CS46 chainsaw in 11 years

/ First trouble with John Deere CS46 chainsaw in 11 years #1  

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
Purchased in 2002, the fuel line hardened and cracked from ethanol gas, so I can't blame the manufacturer. I just recently started putting Avgas in my small engines but haven't done it for this saw yet.

The fuel line is a funky size, a bit over .200 in diameter. If you try to use 3/16 OD tygon, it will leak at the fuel tank through hole. I ordered the part from deere for about $2.60, but you can buy a whole role of the stuff from Amazon for under $30. Search .211 fuel line. Stens sells it but much pricier.

These are made by Efco in Italy and the new ones have 5 year warranties. Chainsaws | efco Power

/ First trouble with John Deere CS46 chainsaw in 11 years #2  
The .211 size is the standard size used on homelite trimmers , as well as the fuel lines in MTD/Ryobi units.

/ First trouble with John Deere CS46 chainsaw in 11 years
The .211 size is the standard size used on homelite trimmers , as well as the fuel lines in MTD/Ryobi units.

I found out it fits most of the Stihl back pack blowers too. Problem is, not one of the usual auto parts, nor the small engine repair shop had any. The small engine place was not a Stihl dealer.

/ First trouble with John Deere CS46 chainsaw in 11 years #4  
I buy my tygon line at $1 to $1.50 a foot. I dont need 25' or 50' rolls. I usually buy 3to9 feet of a bunch of different sizes to have on hand.