Fisher Under the Hood Pump ????

/ Fisher Under the Hood Pump ???? #1  

Gordon Gould

Tractor
Kubota L3010DT, Kubota M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G Dozer
I have acquired a 1990 vintage Fisher Under the Hood plow system. I was after the blade and A frame but the guy wanted it all removed so I took the push plate, pump/tank, valve, and mechanical joy stick too. It all works, at least it did. Now I am wondering what I might be able to do with the valve and/or pump but can't find any info. Like is it open or closed center system, pump RPM vs flow characteristics and max RPM, and HP drive requirements. The old label is unreadable. There is no electric clutch on the pump. Probably someone here remembers these and can shed some light. Thank you.

I did find that the pressure is probably 1750 psi and the cross over relief is probably 4000 psi. Just common Fisher numbers so it's a guess.

P1180707.JPG

P1180703.JPG

gg

Last edited:
   / Fisher Under the Hood Pump ???? #2  
Was just talking to a friend about these, we were saying how they were simple and didn’t tax the electrical system . Had one on my ‘86 F250. There was a cap screw that you could unscrew from the pulley so it could freewheel in the off-season. No idea on your questions but it worked fine.

/ Fisher Under the Hood Pump ???? #3  
Good Morning Gordon,

From what I remember they were open center hydraulic systems which made them very simple to own and operate. As old as the hoses are your going to want to replace them as the rubber inside the hoses will have deteriorated and become brittle.
The rubber can flake off and cause problems with the control valve poppets on your front end loader.