flat deck for small skid steer

/ flat deck for small skid steer #1  

case646

Hi fellas i just bought a small skid steer for our earth moveing company it is a 2003 bobcat 463 its operateing weight is 2708 lbs. I have a old 1992 ford f-150 4x4 that is a reg cab long box the box is shot on this truck what i want to do is build a flat deck on it to haul this little skid steer short distances the truck has overload leafs in it what do you guys think will it handle it or should i say screw it i will only be useing it when our other trailer is tied up. Any help or ideas would be great thanks again.

/ flat deck for small skid steer #2  
I would say that BC is way too much weight for the F-150. You are probably 3-4x over the carrying capacity of the F-150. Buy a cheap, used tandem axle utility trailer for $800-900 and you will be farther ahead.

/ flat deck for small skid steer #3  
Forget it be better off buying another trailer not only would be alive to enjoy but just think of all the people you mght not kill or worse:thumbsup:. Let me tell you a storey A 150 is a 1/2T I have 95 150 that I thought could do more than it could I remember the old days I wound up having to replace some but I did all the springs I put a 5packs in rear and the Roadmaster suspension system(30bucks on ebay) and snow plow ones up front I replaced all the ball joints, bushings I even stuck a set of 355's gears in the rear too I pretty much rebuilt the whole danm thing and I wouldnt even consider doing more than what I did before. I put more than the grand in the bed once .5T my *** and **** did I feel it that why I replaced everything I cracked one of the springs I was only a few miles from house bring rocks home. I went and brought a trailer I use to borrow my fathers but I did not want to became a hassle now that I might consider doing some moving of stuff Oh yeah!!Forgot too mention you probally not be able to stop it the 90's F150's have puny brakes in them but whatever you do to it it not gonna be good enough to do what you want, you are just asking for trouble there. Save the money from building a bed and RUN to get another trailer and really a bigger truck that way you can live to fight another day Just my 2cents

/ flat deck for small skid steer #4  
I would worry about it being top heavy more than anything.

Chris

/ flat deck for small skid steer
bought a 20 ft goose neck with 2 7000 lb axels for an extra trailer today so forget the question i asked im going to be pulling my new goose neck with my dodge 2500 diesel so i will not have any problems with weight :D i will post pics of the set up in the next little while thanks for the info

/ flat deck for small skid steer #6  
bought a 20 ft goose neck with 2 7000 lb axels for an extra trailer today so forget the question i asked im going to be pulling my new goose neck with my dodge 2500 diesel so i will not have any problems with weight :D i will post pics of the set up in the next little while thanks for the info

Pics or ban. :laughing:

/ flat deck for small skid steer #7  
Funny -- my SWMBO has the 'Minster' (a NH L125). It weighs ~2200-2400#. I needed to take it for some warranty work, so decided to put in the bed of the F350 (not one of those silly short beds). And I didn't want to load it onto the 16' flatbed (seemed silly, and way overkill for the 65 mile drive).

The mechanics about fell over laughing at it sitting in the bed with the tail gate closed.