Flats

/ Flats #1  

RedRocker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST, dual remotes, FEL.
Got my first flat, nice big thorn in the front tire. I used this to plug it. These are for motorcycles, but have worked great for my quad and seem to be workin well on the tractor. I would think they'd work with filled tires too. I've got the model at the bottom of the page with the zipper pouch and gun.

/ Flats #2  
That is interesting, because those plugs look like the first tire plugs that came on the market in the '50s; i.e., mushroom heads on them. But the early ones did not work very well, and I didn't know they even still made that style. The soft rubber, sticky, "cord" types are the only ones I've seen in a long time. The early mushroom types would sling out at higher speeds causing a blowout, so I wouldn't have expected them to be used on a motorcycle tire, but would probably work just fine on a tractor. The new ones must be made with a different composition.

/ Flats #3  
Bird in the 70s we used a pneumatic gun to drive the same type of mushroom head rubber plugs into auto tires needing repair. As I recall they did a pretty decent job of stopping the leak. I don't know if they are still used today or not.

Since we don't have our tires filled with liquid ballast we are a firm believer of liquid tire sealants. We haven't had a flat since we treated our tires with Multi-Seal and we have lots of thorns on the property.

/ Flats
These don't use glue either, it comes with oil to facilitate the installation. I put one in my quad tire over a year ago and it's still working.