3-Point Hitch Float position

/ Float position #21  
I actually happened to ask this question here in another thread some time back, and a few people knew of specific tractors that did.
True, both skiploaders have down pressure, I stand corrected, but they also have float in the hitch as they were originally backhoe tractors with an add on hitch. Down pressure actually gets you in trouble faster unless that is all you've ever used.

/ Float position #22  
Being a Ca boy myself, you and I were raised around skiploaders primarily used for finish grading. I cut my teeth on a Ford 445D. My first tractor was a MF 30B. Followed by a Terex 640 and now the Kubota MX5200. All with a 3 function gannon. The 3 function gannon is the most versatile earth moving attachment with or without down pressure. The box scraper or gannon as we call them on the Terex machine had 1/2" thich sides it weighed in at 1000 pounds ... talk about down pressure - lol

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2722.JPG
    IMG_2722.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 76
   / Float position #23  
Yes some Case and JD as well. But most do not
Would you mind stating model JD tractor that has down pressure on 3pt hitch? I can't think of 1 JD agriculture tractor model similar to a Kubota M6060 that 3pt has down pressure.

Some of the newer JD COMPACT tractors could have 3 pt down pressure but they're not classified as agriculture models

Last edited:
   / Float position #24  
Would you mind stating model JD tractor that has down pressure on 3pt hitch? I can't think of 1 JD agriculture tractor model similar to a Kubota M6060 that 3pt has down pressure.

Some of the newer JD COMPACT tractors could have 3 pt down pressure but they're not classified as agriculture models
These are not Ag tractors they are Industrial. JD 210 LE

/ Float position #25  
These are not Ag tractors they are Industrial. JD 210 LE
IMHO due to design differences of agriculture & industrial tractors they shouldn't be compared/discussed in same thread. Ag tractors have their specified uses & ind tractors have different specified uses.

My opinion comes from growing up on a farm beginning to drive ag tractors at an early age that were designed for agriculture purposes then being employed by an Agriculture implement dealer for 21 yrs & afterwards being in custom farming business 35 yrs.

/ Float position #26  
Originally, I was thinking of just ag tractors too. The compact tractors have a simple 3pt controlled by a 2 way remote valve with a float position, but I don’t think they really had much if any down pressure.
As far as ag tractors go, down pressure doesn’t give much advantage.

/ Float position #27  
Down pressure sounds like a good idea, until you lift the tractor and the wheels have no grip.

/ Float position #28  
I also somewhat see how the draft positions work . I just haven’t physically used the draft lever .
My rule thumb is...if you're implement is working under/in the ground use the draft...if working above ground use the lift... But not always, that comes with experience behind the wheel..