Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue

/ Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue #11  
Not familiar with particular jack but there shouldn’t be any check ball in the return flow from the lowering screw. Also shouldn’t be any pressure on pump handle piston so sounds like still assembled incorrectly.

The way I would approach this is study the oil flow paths.

1) from reservoir into pumping piston. There needs to be check that allows oil into the pump and blocks it from going back into the reservoir.

2) from the pumping piston there needs to be a check that allows oil into the lifting ram and prevents it from returning to the pumping piston.

2a) the pumping piston should also connect to system pressure limit or relief valve. Low pressure side of relief should connect to tank.

3) need a flow path from lowering valve to reservoir. Should be no restrictions in the tank side of lowering valve.

/ Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue
Thank you for all the advice. Back to the shop tomorrow to mess around with it again.

/ Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue #13  
best of luck on the repair. from a safety viewpoint, i'm not sure i'd trust the jack given the difficulty of repair. best regards

/ Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue
best of luck on the repair. from a safety viewpoint, i'm not sure i'd trust the jack given the difficulty of repair. best regards
Thank you. That’s a good point - I’m very cognizant of not going under my truck unless it’s supported by Jack stands and I’ll throw a wheel underneath just Incase. Who knows if I’ll even get it working.

/ Floor Jack Hydraulic Issue #15  
Leave the fill screw out or loose till you pump it up and let it go down all the way it should be able to vent also