Flushing Coolant on 4100

/ Flushing Coolant on 4100 #1  
Tractor
JD 4100 - sold
Does anyone have a clear picture that displays where the coolant drain plug is on the block of my 4100? The owners manual isn't helpful although there does appear to be a possible plug back behind the fuel filter housing - not easily accessible though.

/ Flushing Coolant on 4100 #2  
I cant speak for the 4100, but on my 4110 and 455 the plug is behind the fuel filter bowl. It is much easier to unbolt the bowl/filter and then unscrew the coolant plug.

Hope this helps!

/ Flushing Coolant on 4100
I was hoping the bowl wouldn't have to be removed. I wonder if there is any other way to access the plug.

/ Flushing Coolant on 4100 #5  
If you're draining the coolant anyways, have you thought about putting a block heater in? That's the ideal time to do it.

Just a thought.

/ Flushing Coolant on 4100 #6  
I was hoping the bowl wouldn't have to be removed. I wonder if there is any other way to access the plug.
I did mine today not removing anything. I used a 17mm 6pt socket on a wobbler (partial universal) with a 6” ext. easy peasey but for install I used the socket/wobbler in left hand & a 12” scraper(or screwdriver) in right hand from below to “center” socket/bolt to screw in..viola flushed & drained 3 times. :)