Tires Foam Filled Tires

/ Foam Filled Tires #1  

Dennis Pozzo

I have a tiny air leak in the front tires of my yanmar due to cracking (dry rot). However, they still have alot of rubber. I was thinking of have them filled with foam. Does anyone know of any negatives associated with doing this?

/ Foam Filled Tires #2  
Dennis

I looked in to it cost a lot more than a tire.
I kept getting small holes. I just Slimed them with about 2 times more than recommended.

Once and a while I see a green dot on tire and check the pressure.
To do that put valve stem at 12:00 and put a little air in first to push slime out of valve stem then put gauge on to keep valve stem and gauge clear.

tom

/ Foam Filled Tires #3  
didn't somebody post something about foaming a tire and when the tire rotted away, they had to throw the rim away because the mess was all stuck together?

/ Foam Filled Tires #4  
I have foam filled tires on front of my YMG2000D. I filled them because of all the flats I kept getting. One of the guys that I work with has a Yanmar that has had tires filled for several years. I had been thinking about foam filling my tires and what made me go ahead and do it was. I was burning some leaves and had a chain link drag hooked to the tractor in case the fire spread. It did. When I was running the drag over the fire to put it out the front tire went flat. Got the fire out. Took tires and had filled.
Foam filling tires is pretty expensive to do. I don't think that I would foam fill cracked tires because they could crack and fall apart. My tires cost less than foam filled. Now if it was free that would be a different thing all together. When they filled my tires they had a tube in them and the foam went into the tube and out a small hole in tire. I would think that very little even went on the rim. I also foam filled the tires on my kingkutter finish mower. big dan

/ Foam Filled Tires
Thanks for the input guys, it is greatly appreciated. I just decided to get new tires and tubes, as stated, cheaper that filling with foam.

/ Foam Filled Tires #6  
If you were worried about ruining the rims, couldn't you just put tubes in the tires & foam the tubes?

/ Foam Filled Tires #7  
I'm wondering when it come time to ge a new tire and you previously filled it with foam, how much trouble is to remove it, or do you just trow the rim and tire away.

/ Foam Filled Tires #8  
When the tire is worn out it will have to be cut off the rim. If it has a tube in it when filled nothing will stick to the rim. If it is tubeless then make sure that they coat the rim with a paste that will allow the tire to release. The foam will not rust the rim. The foam will also make the tire weigh a lot more. This a big help on a tractor without front end loader. While we are calling this foam when it is cured it looks and feels like rubber. I really don't notice any change it the ride but pretty much never drive on hard surface roads. big dan

/ Foam Filled Tires #9  
I used to run foam filled on bobcats. Once I removed the foam filled worn out tires using a reciprocating saw and a day of hard labor. Then I discovered that you just take the whole wheel in and they recap the tire on the wheel.