foot throttle

/ foot throttle #1  

ket

Bronze Member
Tractor
YM1802D
the foot throttle is sticking on my 1802D do I have to go into motor to correct this or is it all out side in the linkage.. I can see part of it but have to take offf some sheet metal to get at everything..

/ foot throttle #2  
If it is anything like my Landtrac, it is just a cable goung to the throttle on the engine. Mine would stick after driving from my place to my brothers, about 2 miles. I found the lockbolt on the cable would hangup with the lockbolt on the hand throttle cable, probably from the bouncing of the road trip. I just loosened the bolts up and spun them on the cable until they didn't interfear with each other.

Ed King

/ foot throttle #3  
If your tractor is like the YM-2000, I had the same problem. The foot throttle is mounted on a shaft with linkages to the throttle, not a cable. I found that the shaft was missing a spacer, so when I depressed the foot throttle, it would bind onthe shaft and stick in the on position. By placing a nylon spacer on either side of the foot throttle, the foot throttle moved more freely, and thus, didn't stick anymore.

Dave

/ foot throttle #4  
It is good to have an exploded diagram of the assemply to be sure that it is all there and correctly assembled. Some people have found a blast of WD40 at the place where the levers and linkages meet can sometimes fix the problem. I believe that there is a nut that sets the amount of friction at that junction which can be loosened a little.

Chris

/ foot throttle #5  
Another problem that i found with my yanmar is the linkages are not lubed, this will increase friction and allow them to stick. I spray a little WD-40 or equivalent on the throttle linkage and it works quite well. Even shuts down by closing the throttle all the way foward. (its a grey)

/ foot throttle #6  
I drilled and tapped the foot pedal shaft and put in a grease fitting into the shaft. But where's the grease is you are going to have dirt sticking to it the only draw back.