For Kids with Autism and Special Needs

/ For Kids with Autism and Special Needs #1  

The Suburban Farmer

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 2320
I'm not trying to push anything here -- and I'm not affiliated with this in ANY way -- but I wanted to pass along what I think is a great concept for special needs kids. It's very rare for me to endorse something and ask for contributions, but I think this is worthy of post here on TBN.

This gentleman has spent the last few years of his life using puppetry to help special needs kids engage with and interact with the world around them. He's now wanting to take this to the next level and provide an online video series specifically designed to appeal to special needs children. If you happen to have an extra $5-10 bucks laying around, I'm sure they could use it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-show-me-show

A little more about Noel, taken from his site:

Hi! I'm Noel MacNeal and I am a professional puppeteer.

Yes; puppeteer. (It' s a weird word, I'll admit it.) I have been for over 30 years. My career started on a show called "SESAME STREET" (where I learned the craft from Jim Henson & Frank Oz) and since then, I've worked on lots of movies, commercials, and TV shows, including performing "Bear" the star of Disney's Bear in the Big Blue House. I've received emails from parents, particularly ones of kids with autism and special needs, thanking me for "Bear," and I realized there is no show like that - a gentle, and sincere show for these kids - with an inviting interactive playfulness for the young viewer. And that's why I am creating one.

It's called...... "THE SHOW ME SHOW!"

The FIRST SEASON will be five downloadable episodes, each episode ten minutes in length. Research has shown that kids of autism & special needs respond to using portable devices and tablets. At the start of each show, the day's "guest star" is revealed - a sound (e.g. "laughter"), a color (e.g. "blue"), a number (e.g. "three"), or a shape (e.g. "circle" or the "human "hand"). Two characters will have an idea on what to do and then the viewer will choose! The viewer will "pick & click" a character and then the show proceeds in that direction. Then you can go back and pick THE OTHER CHARACTER to see the show in a new, different direction. Thus, each episode is two shows for the price of one!

[/I]

To read more about it, click the link above.