? for LEO about traffic stop

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #21  
I had a young highway patrol right a ticket to me the other day he saw i didnt have a shoulder belt on mi the Mack i was driving then insistd i keep my door shut while he was talking. when he got done with his gripe and the long ticket i opeened the door and showed him its factory with a Lap belt. I dont use that either but when i saw him i put it on.i figure if i have a wreck big enough to need a seat belt its too bad to survive anyhow.
I usually am polite with them but every now and again i get alittle testy myself. One of the Companies that owns the Landfill I run has alot of site work and we cant tie up all our machinery over there during the week. we were about to doabout 4500 dollars in rental with a local intown company and another 30 to 40000 dollars of rental on another job. Anyway the rental store ive done business with since i was 14 was bought out by a deputy. He is the head deputy but has a smart mouth. The other night at the bar it was my night to be the DD and i carried my friends home in the part of TN where the bar is and went to eat breakfast. I was comming home 3 am and some bright lights ran up on me. I weaved alittle bit trying to get my mirriors turned enough less light was comming in. when i trurned my mirrors the blue lights came on. I was uestioned about my whereabouts told we had a county curfew of 1200 am and that i was probably drunk. I made the problem a bit worse when i told him i was the dd that night and paid enough road and bridge priveleg taxes i could drive it whenever i pleased and that i could pass an test given. The other day he heard about the jobs we go and came in to hand out cards for the businsess and was very surprisedwhen he saw me. i told him he had a snowballs chance on us renting anything from him them My hero from RSC rolled in witha trailer loaded with equipment. I guess i just signed up for harrassment 101

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #22  
re: clarity in comms. Our powers that be decided to change the unit calls. Kept the country as "Paul" numbers (P-6). Made town marshals "Tom" numbers (T-6). The deputies of course spotted the problem and warned them but oh no, we know best. Didn't last 2 weeks of confusion over who was actually being called or answering.

As for the original question. The only way that a verbal warning will show up is if the same officer hears another officer stopping the same rig. He will probably come on the air and advise that he just stopped that vehicle for (whatever).

Harry K (X-dispatcher)

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #23  
You have nothing to fear! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I used to throw written warnings away . i didnt like my workspace to look trashy.

Yes it is in the radio log that you were stopped , registration check done and whatever else he ran. and most likely it is noted by his transmission that a written warning was issued

It sounds like a normal traffic stop . I just wonder though if he or the dept has a backup policy on every traffic stop? In my day that would not have happened due to manpower and pure BS involved.

It sounds as though he wasn't very verbal . I used to STRESS to officers i trained that the BEST tool they had was communication! A badge is a sign of public trust and you MUST be loyal to the public.
So you must treat everybody like you would want to be treated or better yet your mother or wife!

You do know if a police officer treats you in a unprofessional manner you can complain to the dept. Most chiefs and sheriffs truely appreciate people that bring issues to them.
They can't always be there to see how officers are representing them and when a citizen comes forward with a legitamate complaint it sure makes it easy to purge a dept of substandard people.

I could go on and on about this ........ but i must stop for now!

Anyway your record won't follow you .......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I got stopped by a Florida State Trooper a couple of weeks ago for 72 in a 55 zone (rural state highway; no traffic). I was comfortable with my speed but not paying attention to it; I say him coming at me, and didn't think anything of it -- until I saw, in the mirror, him jam on his brakes and bury the nose of the cruiser. I looked down at the speedo -- 72.

)</font>

I see more police on rural hiway 12 checking speed in WA than ever do in the city. I think the rationale is the roads are usually old and poor engineering, sight distances, lack of guard rails, lighting etc lead to more deaths due to head ons, drunks, people dozing off etc /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I got stopped by a Florida State Trooper a couple of weeks ago for 72 in a 55 zone (rural state highway; no traffic). I was comfortable with my speed but not paying attention to it; I say him coming at me, and didn't think anything of it -- until I saw, in the mirror, him jam on his brakes and bury the nose of the cruiser. I looked down at the speedo -- 72.

)</font>

I see more police on rural hiway 12 checking speed in WA than ever do in the city. I think the rationale is the roads are usually old and poor engineering, sight distances, lack of guard rails, lighting etc lead to more deaths due to head ons, drunks, people dozing off etc /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )</font>

Less traffic means less interference with radar.

/ ? for LEO about traffic stop #26  
Yup in Mass they track inquiries on license #s. The officer can tell not only how many written items on your license, but also if you've been stopped 7 times in the last month. They also can identify what PD stopped you. All through the Registry ( DMV ) based computer system.