For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits !

/ For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits ! #21  
All the faculty lounge nut balls in charge of 3 letter agencies & bureaucracies are destroying the lives of self sufficient people outside of the cities and inside of the coasts.

Let’s stop with the pollyanish BS. It’s just that plain & simple.

They want us on the grid, mouths open to be spoon fed gubmit pablum, and paying exorbitant taxes.
And, they are getting away with it, why, because so many people think "that is hogwash and conspiracy theory stuff who would do that and why would they?" Well, they don't think like us folks. The sooner you believe that they do not think ANYTHING like the common man, the better off you are.

They are elitists, narcissistic power mongers. No one on this site can relate with them.

/ For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits ! #22  
One might also add the Snake and the Columbia regions of the state.

The Snake River flows through a wilderness, and I'd imagine there is some concern about water usage in the Ontario area. Nonetheless, that is a big farming region.

On the other hand, once the Snake merges with the Columbia, there is a LOT of water. Now, there may be diverse water interests, but we are nowhere near draining the Columbia like was done to the Colorado river. There are some big wineries in southern Washington with big pipes pulling out of the Columbia.

I remember a boating trip along the Crooked River a couple of decades ago. We got a couple of miles down, then passed a few farms and the water just disappeared and we had to hike out.

/ For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits ! #23  
I don't think one should underestimate the small farms.

When I was in High School, we had about 50 acres with 30 breeding cows, and their calves, and perhaps 3 sows and raised most of the feeder pigs.

The intensity of farming was likely greater than any "industrial" farms in the region.

The pigs went away quickly after my brother and I went to college, but my parents kept the cows for quite a few years before transitioning to just selling hay.

I do wish we had a better plan to keep the farm running for multiple generations.

Nonetheless, we fed a lot of people.

/ For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits ! #24  
This topic was started with a video about new regulations for small farms and wells.

One thing that we've been hit with in the summers is toxic Cyanobacteria Blooms.

I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it in the past, but apparently it is becoming more of a problem.

Perhaps a consequence of reservoirs making artificial lakes, warming weather, and warmer water, and potentially agricultural runoff.

Surely there are two sides of all the stories.

/ For Our Next Trick....... Expect "Collecting Rainwater" permits !
This topic was started with a video about new regulations for small farms and wells.

One thing that we've been hit with in the summers is toxic Cyanobacteria Blooms.

I hadn't paid a lot of attention to it in the past, but apparently it is becoming more of a problem.

Perhaps a consequence of reservoirs making artificial lakes, warming weather, and warmer water, and potentially agricultural runoff.

Surely there are two sides of all the stories.
That ^, is not my field of Science..... so I couldn't begin to analyze the cause with certainty.

Algae in ponds.... normal since Time began. Can our activities modify results ? Possibly, and probably. There are also various substances that occur naturally, that are toxic to life, even with humans doing absolutely nothing nearby.

What has changed in recent time, is symbolized by entities like the UN claiming that they OWN The Science.

THAT ^ is a symptom of a societal disease, that is arguably more dangerous than many of these Sky is Falling problems will ever be.

Learning, like the Ag universities mentioned in the video I lead with, by paying attention to new (actually, in this case, very old) practices, is what advances societies. Not, by regressive/oppressive control-plays....

Rgds, D.