Ford 1100 4x4

/ Ford 1100 4x4 #1  

Lwalhus

Tractor
Ford 1100
I just bought a used Ford 1100. 3 days after buying it the 4x4 quite working. How can I trouble shoot it? What are some common things that could be wrong?

/ Ford 1100 4x4 #2  
Start at the front drive line coupler that connects the drive shaft to the front axle pinion shaft. There should be a shield around it you have to collapse to get to it.

/ Ford 1100 4x4
The driveline appears to still be attached to the front axle which tells me it's in the transmission, and I'm afraid I am not very familiar with transmissions. Any ideas what I'm looking for?

/ Ford 1100 4x4 #4  
Appears to be? You would need to engage the 4WD, get ONE front tire off the ground, and try to turn it by hand. If it won't turn, that's what you want. If it does turn revisit the drive shaft and couplers. If indeed that's all secure, then you have bigger problems.

/ Ford 1100 4x4 #5  
The driveline would "appear" to be attached, but the splines in the coupler could be worn out allowing the drive shaft to spin. There is a coupler on the front and the back so it could very either coupler. If one is bad, you still should inspect the other