Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use?

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #1  

ALB

Tractor
Ford 1210
What kind of hydraulic oil do you use in the transmission?

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #2  
I beleive all Ford/NH tractors specify 134 transhydraulic oil? As I'm sure your manual states.

You can buy it at a NH dealer, or you can find a transhydrauilc oil at the fleet & farm store that says 'compatable with Ford/NH 134x' - are we up to D or so for the current letter?

--->Paul

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use?
Thanks. I just ordered a manual and it's not here yet. I bought my tractor used a few months ago. it has a small hydraulic leak on the back rear side i think where the rear shaft goes thru the housing.The guy put some silicone around the gasket to try and stop it. I guess he wasn't much of a mechanic.

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #4  
yep.. oil meeting the M2C134 spec.

D is the current highest level.. but that 1210 predates D :)

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #5  
Thanks. I just ordered a manual and it's not here yet. I bought my tractor used a few months ago. it has a small hydraulic leak on the back rear side i think where the rear shaft goes thru the housing.The guy put some silicone around the gasket to try and stop it. I guess he wasn't much of a mechanic.

This has been awhile, may need to start a new thread. I have to replace my Ford 1210 Hydrolic Oil as well. Am only finding Coastal R and O, or Coastal 303. Looks like the 303 is rated a premium oil, but not specifying Rust and Oxydation..(I believe that's what the O stands for)

Wondered which would be recommended. Also was told to look for oil meeting J20C specs. Thanks for any help!

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #6  
R/o is plain hyd oil or jack oil and is not reccomended for transdraulic applications.

That '303' oil is a UTC oil, though alluding to a very old spec that has been many times superceeded.

Look for a oil meeting m2c134 spec..

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #7  
R/o is plain hyd oil or jack oil and is not reccomended for transdraulic applications.

That '303' oil is a UTC oil, though alluding to a very old spec that has been many times superceeded.

Look for a oil meeting m2c134 spec..

My semi local Ford New Holland Tractor guy got back to me with..we use 303. Get the cheapest you can find...dump the first one and the second change should be fine. He said the RO is too heavy for my hydaulics as well. The 134 is the Ford New Holland brand, so think I'm good to go with 303 since that's what they recommended. And the only stuff I can find within a 100 mile radius.

/ Ford 1210 - What kind of Hyd oil to use? #8  
My semi local Ford New Holland Tractor guy got back to me with..we use 303. Get the cheapest you can find...dump the first one and the second change should be fine. He said the RO is too heavy for my hydaulics as well. The 134 is the Ford New Holland brand, so think I'm good to go with 303 since that's what they recommended. And the only stuff I can find within a 100 mile radius.

you are mixing up brand and spec.

'134' is not the brand.. it is the spec.

For that old tractor, your utf you are calling '303' should be fine. The 303 spec is very old, but then so is your tractor. 303 used to be whale oil. ;)