Loader Ford 1210

/ Ford 1210 #1  

SS1108

I have a 1210 compact tractor I would like to put a loader on it but I do not have power steering. I had people tell me if I put a loader on it it would be hard to steer. I was wondering if anybody had 1210 with a loader and how it was to steer?

/ Ford 1210 #2  
Tractordata.com shows that the 1210 did not come with power steering and they list a FORD model 768A/B loader that fits that tractor. It maybe a little difficult to steer with the loader on but not impossible. The only other thing is if yours is a 2 X 4 you may not be able to use the loader at all because the front axle will not carry the extra weight (540lb.) plus what you carry in the bucket. Ford New Holland recommends against using loaders on some 2 X 4 models. Yours may not be one of those.

/ Ford 1210
Thanks for your time. I have a 4x4 so maybe I will start looking for a loader. Thanks again

/ Ford 1210 #4  
I have loader on a 1210 and it is not bad. While rolling it is pretty easy to steer. When in tight quarters it is harder but not that bad.

To keep from putting the steering components thru so much stress I will lower the bucket far enough to lift the front tires, crank it the direction I want to go and then raise the loader. It works like a charm.

The pro's of having the loader far outweigh the con's of no power steering.

/ Ford 1210
Thank you Sld that is good to hear.Maybe i could find a used one. Thanks for your time