Ford 1510 thermostat housing

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing #1  

rdpurdy59

Tractor
Ford 1510
I need a new thermostat housing for my 1984 Ford 1510, but am having trouble finding a replacement. Even online searches haven't been much help. Is anyone aware of a workaround for this? Maybe a different housing that will work or some sort of convertor? Thanks.

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing #2  
I need a new thermostat housing for my 1984 Ford 1510, but am having trouble finding a replacement. Even online searches haven't been much help. Is anyone aware of a workaround for this? Maybe a different housing that will work or some sort of convertor? Thanks.
Since 2020 till now, the Ford 1000 Series machines are lacking greatly due to parts shortages and tractor support dropped. Do you have a parts manual to search the Ford numbers and the Shibaura numbers?

Try these common JAPAN TRACTOR PARTS SUPPLIERS –

WEAVER'S COMPACT TRACTOR
22 Fish Hatchery Rd
Shippensburg PA 17257
PARTS HOTLINE - 717-477-9332
On-Line Shopping - Weaver's Compact Tractor Parts & Compact Tractor Salvage
Japanese and Domestic Tractor Parts for many makes and model brands

SHEAFFER'S TOWN & COUNTRY TRACTORS INC.
320 Palmyra Rd
Dixon, IL 61021
PARTS HOTLINE - 815-284-3226
email - parts@sheftractor.net
On-Line Shopping - https://www.japanesetractorparts.com
STEVENS TRACTOR PARTS
3715 Highway 71
Coushatta, LA 71019
PARTS HOTLINE - 800-333-9143 Toll Free
email - sales@stevenstractor.com
On-Line Shopping - https://www.stevenstractor.com

SOUTHERN GLOBAL
404 First Street North
Wiggins, MS 39577
PARTS HOTLINE - 866-742-5748 Toll Free
email - sales@southern-global.com
On-Line Shopping - Home
New parts for Japan made tractors
Japan Tractor Salvage Yard

ALL STATES AG PARTS
10 Ellefson Dr
De Soto, IA 50069
email - support@tractorpartsasap.com
PARTS HOTLINE - 866-609-1260 Toll Free
On-Line Shopping - https://www.tractorpartsasap.com
13 Locations for tractors and parts, 10 salvage yards, and 2 repair centers all in the Mid-West

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing #3  
If it a regular size thermostat with two bolts horizontally opposed, get a generic at auto parts. Go to a junk yard and get one off a foreign ride. Lots of options. If the holes arent quite right, round file time.

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing #4  
If it a regular size thermostat with two bolts horizontally opposed, get a generic at auto parts. Go to a junk yard and get one off a foreign ride. Lots of options. If the holes arent quite right, round file time.

I'm not sure what his 1510 looks like for a housing. If it's like this, then yes other housings would work too. Just have to match the bolt hole pattern.
this is for a Ford 5000 as an example.

1650731264134.png

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing
I'm not sure what his 1510 looks like for a housing. If it's like this, then yes other housings would work too. Just have to match the bolt hole pattern.
this is for a Ford 5000 as an example.

View attachment 742966

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Some of the replacement parts look similar to mine except the bolt holes are rotated and are located at 5 and 11 o clock. My next action is to check with auto parts stores and then I'll contact the other parts stores that you have mentioned. Thanks again.

/ Ford 1510 thermostat housing #10  
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. Some of the replacement parts look similar to mine except the bolt holes are rotated and are located at 5 and 11 o clock. My next action is to check with auto parts stores and then I'll contact the other parts stores that you have mentioned. Thanks again.

Looks like vehicles from the 70s and early 80s would be a a help.

These Japan tractors really didn't have too much customized. For Yanmar, lots of the Datsun (now Nissan) parts of that era work.

Likewise for the Mitsubishi tractors from back then, the Mitsubishi truck and Mazda truck parts fit.

Once you do find a match, please oh please report back here what worked. These threads get re-read over decades and the extra help you give will help others out of the same jam.

Thanks!