Ford 1700 Fuse block wiring assistance

/ Ford 1700 Fuse block wiring assistance #1  

crosspike77

Tractor
Ford New Holland 1700
Crossing over from my starter/ignition getting sorted out, tracing wires and finding loose ends.

I'm at the fuse block and finding some things that I'd like to make sure they get plugged in correctly (at least one).

Rim Wood Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior

As I understand top down, we have rows 1 - 4, left and right. I am looking at the back side so left and right here is as I see it here. 1st fuse is 15A, then fuse 2-4 are 5A.

On my fuse block:
Fuse 1: Left is a red wire from ignition switch #ACC. Right is black wire into a wiring harness yet to be traced
Fuse 2: Left is empty/open. Right is a black wire going to temp gauge on dash.
Fuse 3: Left is empty/open. Right is a red wire going to the voltage regulator.
Fuse 4: Left is wire to Fluid/Oil Indicator. Right is empty/open.

First question is, should all of my empty/open slots on the fuse block have a connecting wire or are these open spots supposed to be this way?

I have 2 rogue wires that are in question. One that has a connector that matches all of the connectors on the fuse block seems to belong there, but I'm not sure which it belongs to. I don't want to blow something up.

The wire in question is coming off of the battery/charge indicator lamp on the speedometer. It seems to need to go to the fuse block, but not sure what spot.

The second wire is unrelated to fusing, but it seems to be just dangling there and don't want it to make a bad connection or have it perhaps do its job. This wire comes off of the relay wire block. It is black and has a spade fork on the end. The relay has the wire from the starter and then goes out to the ignition switch, spot #50.

/ Ford 1700 Fuse block wiring assistance
Found a Messicks diagram with clear items:

Fuse 1: Left is a red wire from ignition switch #ACC. Right is black wire to Light Switch
Fuse 2: Left is wire to Fluid/Oil Indicator. Right is a black wire going to temp gauge on dash.
Fuse 3: Left is wire to Batt/Charge Indicator. Right is a red wire going to the voltage regulator.
Fuse 4: Left is wire to Horn (which I don't have). Right is empty/open.

Does this seem correct?

/ Ford 1700 Fuse block wiring assistance
I've installed a new relay and got all of the fuse block wires in the correct places. The new relay is plastic compared to a metal one. I was hoping for it to fire right up when I turned the key, but still nothing. Can the voltage regulator affect ignition? Also, the starter is brand new, but the placement for the #50 wire is different (which comes from switch to relay, then relay to solenoid). I've emailed the folks I bought the starter from if it's possible there is another place I hook that wire too on the solenoid I am missing.