Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem #1  

cedar21

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 30
I am borrowing a Ford 1710 tractor, and the hydraulic lift operates backwards. When the control lever is pushed down, the arms raise, and when pushed up, the arms lower. What would cause this?

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem #2  
If you're talking about the front loader that's the way they normally work, at least on the tractors I've used. If you're talking about the three point lever moving it forward usually lowers the arms while moving it to the rear raises them.

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem
I am talking about the 3 point lift arms. Moving the lever down, or forward is raising the arms, and moving it up, or back, is lowering them, which is the opposite of how every tractor I have ever used has been. It can't be right.

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem #4  
Someone has had the top cover off and didn't get the levers indexed correctly. Don't ask how I know. 🤬

Fortunately, I didn't have it completely assembled before testing. I had just replaced the seals (rings) on the lift piston.

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic lift problem
Someone has had the top cover off and didn't get the levers indexed correctly. Don't ask how I know. 🤬 Fortunately, I didn't have it completely assembled before testing. I had just replaced the seals (rings) on the lift piston.
I figured it must be something like that. Thanks.