Tires Ford 1710 rear wheel centers

/ Ford 1710 rear wheel centers #1  

SuperChief

Tractor
Ford 1710, 8N, 600
I currently have Turf tires and want to change to AG. Are there any aftermarket/compatible wheel centers that can be re-drilled to put on the 1710 rear wheel ?

/ Ford 1710 rear wheel centers #2  
I think the standard AG wheel size if 10 x 24, for a 11.2 x 24 R1 AG tire if it's the same as a 1715. Not sure of your shop capabilities, but if you really get stuck you could order the bare outer rims for about $130 each and have centers fabricated for them .... pretty much flat steel 3/8" plate square with the corners turned up, with hub holes and lug holes drilled .... I'd bet a good steel shop would do them for about $150 a piece if you made the drawings. I know that's a reach, just throwing it out there if you can't find anything.

/ Ford 1710 rear wheel centers
I think the standard AG wheel size if 10 x 24, for a 11.2 x 24 R1 AG tire if it's the same as a 1715. Not sure of your shop capabilities, but if you really get stuck you could order the bare outer rims for about $130 each and have centers fabricated for them .... pretty much flat steel 3/8" plate square with the corners turned up, with hub holes and lug holes drilled .... I'd bet a good steel shop would do them for about $150 a piece if you made the drawings. I know that's a reach, just throwing it out there if you can't find anything.
I am more interested as to what centers on any make/model would 'fit' in the dimensions of the tractor, then have those centers re-drilled to match the brake hub and then get the outer rim to match the modified center. Appreciate your input and may be helpful if I don't get it right.

/ Ford 1710 rear wheel centers #4  
A generic 4 loop 24 inch rim will fit the OEM center. I am not aware of any centers (discs) from other brands that would fit the pilot diameter or bolt circle of the 1710s axle flange. There may be one, but I am not aware of it.

/ Ford 1710 rear wheel centers #5  
Any 10 x 24 Rim with a 11.2 x 24 tire will fit the dimension of the tractor ... if you mean physically fit under the fender, and be the right height. Hub centerlline probably isn't a big concern as most are similar, and the 1710 can reverse the wheels for different offsets so there is a wide range there.

It's probably going to be a bit more complicated than buying a complete wheel and re-drilling. Most 10 x 24 rims are two piece, you'd need the rim and the center section, the rims are easy enough to find, but the center sections are not. If you can find a center section close enough to use it will likely need the bolt pattern re-drilled and the center hole resized ... maybe larger, maybe smaller. The 17 series Fords used a smaller bolt patter and center hole than most and one piece welded wheels. If money is no object you can probably still order complete wheels from New Holland but last I checked they were about $600 each.

If it's four wheel drive ... keep in mind you have to put the proper size AG fronts on also.

I went through this a while ago, searched for months for a suitable wheel to use. Turned out my only option was used wheels, or buy a new outer rim and weld to my AG center section.

Might want to check the for sale section .... always people switching back and forth between AG and Turf ... I know you can use the same wheels as a 1715 also.