Ford 1920 Hydraulic issue

/ Ford 1920 Hydraulic issue #1  

Steve L

Tractor
Ford 1920
I have a 1990 Ford model 1920 tractor and my Hydraulics just stopped working. I checked and added hydraulic fluid but it didn't help. Before I call for service, is there a couple of simple troubleshooting things I can check first? All Hydraulics are out (loader and rear 3 point) My plan was to change the filter and fluid out as my last ditch effort before making the call.

/ Ford 1920 Hydraulic issue #2  
I can't link threads so the easiest way is to have you use google to search tractorbynet.com
In the google search box type "siter:www.tractorbynet.com 1920 hydraulics" without the quotes. That will pull up many treads you then can read to help you. If you have further questions try the ford/new holland forum sub forum own.operate and you will get more res ponces.

Last edited:
   / Ford 1920 Hydraulic issue #3  
Steve,
Your hydraulic pump could have lost its prime if you've traversed a steep slope recently. The easiest way I've found to reprime the pump is to put the loader joystick into boom float position and allow the engine to run for a minute or so. With the engine still running, move the control lever back to neutral and see if the pump has primed. It may take a couple attempts.

Hope this helps.
Mark