ford 3000 3 point hydraulics not working

/ ford 3000 3 point hydraulics not working #1  

leviathan666

Tractor
MF 4700 & Ford 3000 series
background:
1966 ford 3000, gas engine

had a new engine installed after the old one died. on delivery from the shop, one of the back arms of the 3 point had broken somehow, not sure if related at all.

ive recently replaced and changed engine oil filter, checked fill plugs on the hydraulics on the side, etc. the flow control knob is screwed all the way in, and draft control has been both on/off with no change.

i assume the next step is to take the seat off and check the hydraulic filters but is there anything else i should try before doing that?

/ ford 3000 3 point hydraulics not working #2  
As I recall the flow valve all the way in is the closed position. I have a 3000 and have mine cracked about 1/4-1/2 turn for the drop speed I like. I don't recall if on that tractor both up and down are controlled by that valve.....with the way Ford plumbed it I think it does affect both and fully closed shuts down the 3 pt.

/ ford 3000 3 point hydraulics not working #3  
Flow valve shouldn't affect the up movement. If the hydraulic pump is engine mounted, it probably is loosing suction at the intake tube/oring on the pump. Sometimes it requires loosening the top clamp on the bell housing (if it is there and it should be), make sure the oring is good/new, grease up the oring and stab the tube into the pump as far as it can go. Most likely the problem since it would have been removed for the new engine.

/ ford 3000 3 point hydraulics not working #4  
background:
1966 ford 3000, gas engine

had a new engine installed after the old one died. on delivery from the shop, one of the back arms of the 3 point had broken somehow, not sure if related at all.

ive recently replaced and changed engine oil filter, checked fill plugs on the hydraulics on the side, etc. the flow control knob is screwed all the way in, and draft control has been both on/off with no change.

i assume the next step is to take the seat off and check the hydraulic filters but is there anything else i should try before doing that?
Did you ever get this working?