Ford 3400

/ Ford 3400 #1  

Farmboy1290

Tractor
Ford 3400
Hey guys. I have a ford 3400. It's been sitting a while so I put new plugs wires, points, conditioner, button an carburetor an fuel filter. I got it running now when I put it in gear a let off the clutch it bogs down in any gear an almost dies if you don't catch it just right. I just can't figure out what else to do.

/ Ford 3400 #2  
It could be lack of fuel. That may be the float setting in the carburetor, a defective fuel filter, or blockage where fuel exits the tank. Disconnect the fuel line to see if fuel flows freely from the tank. It could also be timing or dwell, both of which are affected by the point gap. A defective ignition coil is not out of the question nor is a cracked distributor cap. It sounds like lack of fuel, though. BTW, welcome to TBN.

/ Ford 3400
Thank you. I will check those things out.it also has a electric fuel pump it's seems to be flowing pretty good.

/ Ford 3400 #4  
9 out of 10 fuel problems are ignition related. Pull a plug wire and check the color of the spark, is it blue and snappy or yellow and weak sounding? If it is yellow it's your ignition system, try running a hot wire from the battery to the coil and check the spark again. This will eliminate the tractors wiring as a possible problem.