Loader Ford 340B Loader Question

/ Ford 340B Loader Question #1  

BRNYRD

Tractor
Ford 340B
Good morning all. My first post here, after searching the forums for a long time. What a lot of information on here!

I just recently purchased a 87 Ford 340B Industrial, with the 6x2 transmission. It came with an aftermarket loader, with joystick controls. It was told to me that it was previously on the machine however it was removed due to not being used. (the loader frame was still mounted on the unit, so there is truth in that)

My real question is, it appears that I need to connect the hydraulics to the rear hookups by the 3Point. These connections are operated by the double acting remote cylinder under the seat(on the transmission, a factory control). Am I right or wrong in thinking that the cylinder lever is going to need to be held open in order for my joystick controls to work the loader ??

Ive searched all over the tractor looking for other connections but there is nothing. Unless im blind? haha

Thanks in advance!!!

/ Ford 340B Loader Question #2  
You are correct, the valve will need to be held in a stroked position. A bungee is your friend.