Backhoe Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #1  

berky

Tractor
ford 4500, 555B
My 50 year old Ford is worn but I still love it. Hydraulic pump is only putting out about 1450 psi. I would like to replace it but since the pumps have not been available from Ford for years I am forced to looks at the replacement that is available.
Have read several places that the inlet and outlet locations on the pump are different that originals and require modification to the hard lines. Wondering if anyone here has done such a swap and what all is entailed or how you skinned this cat.

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #2  
My 50 year old Ford is worn but I still love it. Hydraulic pump is only putting out about 1450 psi. I would like to replace it but since the pumps have not been available from Ford for years I am forced to looks at the replacement that is available.
Have read several places that the inlet and outlet locations on the pump are different that originals and require modification to the hard lines. Wondering if anyone here has done such a swap and what all is entailed or how you skinned this cat.

I just posted a message about this. I replaced the pump in mine and I'm wondering if there are adapter parts or plates????

Only 1 hard line is a problem, its the one on the high pressure output.

Don

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #3  
I just posted a message about this. I replaced the pump in mine and I'm wondering if there are adapter parts or plates????

Only 1 hard line is a problem, its the one on the high pressure output.

Don

I am in the midst of this job. I'm not certain if there is an adapter plate, or if I have to flare the hard line.. I hate to "fabricate" if it is un-necessary.

Don

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #4  
I bought one of these beasts a couple of months ago and would love to know the outcome of both your hydro pump replacement project and berky's-I see replacement pumps offered for around $600 on ebay and don't think I'm needing one yet but it may be in my future and don't want to buy myself a $600 headache...

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #5  
Where did you screw in your gauge to measure your hydro pressure?
My old Case 530CK had a plug on the loader valve which offered a convenient place to screw one in and just leave it-I never had a problem with whacking it with anything and I always had instant verification that my pressure was OK whenever the machine burped or farted oddly.
I have not yet located such a convenient port on this Ford 4500 and repeated requests for info in my thread on it have so far gone unanswered by the folks here.

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #7  
It requires a very complex part called a Tee.

/ Ford 4500 TLB Hydraulic Pump #8  
Spot on the Case was easily visible from seat, out of harm's way and allowed installation in 5 mins. Not seeing any such prime spot on the 4500. Maybe it is there and I'm just not seeing it with my old eyes-that is why I asked. Sarcasm duly noted...singularly unhelpful response.