Ford 4610SU 3-pt hitch lift arms

/ Ford 4610SU 3-pt hitch lift arms #1  

showme1946

Tractor
Ford 4610SU
I've owned the tractor since 2017, use it mostly with a rotary cutter, but occasionally with blade or box blade.

Several months ago I dismounted the FEL and the rotary cutter so I could do a comprehensive service and get the tractor all cleaned up. I have a user's manual and an old aftermarket shop manual.

The problem: the 3-pt hitch lift arms do not respond to either of the lift arm control levers. Whether the tractor is running or not, I can manually lift the lift arms up, with no resistance, and as soon as I let them go they sink back down to their lowest position. The hydraulic oil is fresh and clean and full. The FEL is not mounted at the moment, so I haven't tested whether its hydraulics work but they did when I dismounted it.

Except for replacing hoses, I have not done any hydraulic repair work on any machine, so when it comes to hydraulics I am ignorant. I do have a local New Holland dealer, and I am going to go see if I can talk to their "old tractor" tech, but I thought I would also post here to tap into the wisdom of this crowd.

/ Ford 4610SU 3-pt hitch lift arms #2  
I'm going to guess it has something to do with the loader being off, I'm betting hydraulic flow is routed through whatever valve you have to control it and it is an open center valve that allows fluid to then go into your lift control for the lift arms. I could be 100% wrong too.

/ Ford 4610SU 3-pt hitch lift arms #3  
I agree. The open center flow system is a series system like series light bulbs on a Christmas lighting string. One dies and they all die as the circuit is "opened". Shouldn't be a problem to drive the tractor over to the loader and connect the lines and find out for sure.