ford 5000 pto clutches

/ ford 5000 pto clutches #1  

browndd1

can anyone tell me how to change the clutches out on the pto in a 1972 ford 5000 tractor? i am assuming the lift cover will need to come off but not sure.

thanks

/ ford 5000 pto clutches #2  
The lift cover has to come off. If the 5000 has Dual Power and Load Monitor, you have to make the rear split instead. A repair manual will fill in the details.

/ ford 5000 pto clutches
how do i tell if it has dual power and load monitor?

thanks

/ ford 5000 pto clutches #4  
dual power will have the lil foot switches to change to the higher ranges. manual explains this. same with the load monitor.

soundguy

/ ford 5000 pto clutches #5  
is yours a rowcrop model?

soundguy

/ ford 5000 pto clutches #6  
the dual power also could be located on the cowling on the left hand side when sitting on the tractor but to work on the pro clutchs all u have to do is remove the lift top and remove the four bolt plate on the back of the rear axle housing pull the pto shaft and then the clutch pack will come out i dont believe it matters if it has dual power

/ ford 5000 pto clutches
i dont think it has dual power or load monitor.

thanks

/ ford 5000 pto clutches
It is a single speed tractor and the clutches were pretty easy to change out. The original clutches were still in the tractor a brass or bronze colored and had no hot spots in the plates or wear. The floating ring that sets against the piston was broken so I had to replace it. I started not to change out the original clutches and plates but I did. The replacement ones from ford looked like transmission clutches and not at all like the original brass ones. If guessing, the original ones are probably better but not for sure.