FORD 555 (B?) Loader/Backhoe drive issues.. Takes a long time to get moving. What is causing this?

/ FORD 555 (B?) Loader/Backhoe drive issues.. Takes a long time to get moving. What is causing this? #1  

UrbannGuerilla

Bronze Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers AC5050 / Ford 555B TLB / Ford 6600
Ford 555B Loader Backhoe takes a long time to get moving. If anyone has answers that'd be cool.

If the tractor is cold, even when put into forward, and with the rpms raised (or not, doesn't matter).. doesn't move. I've watched my father sit on this thing for 10 or 15 mins waiting on it to start moving. When it FINALLY starts moving- usually you barely notice the tires start to push... and then at some point it'll be full contact quickly (like you popped the clutch).. usually he will take it for several laps around the top of the property to get it warm. But even after it gets warm its still delayed often in responding to forward or reverse. You just have to wait for it to catch and be ready. I'd like to know, if anyone knows, why this machine is doing this and what might need to be done to get it to act normally again.

I don't know what else to describe. It just takes a long ass time to get moving. I hope someone smarter than me with mechanics can tell me what is going on, and what might help. I'm good at growing things, not so much on equipment troubleshooting & repair.
Thanks!

/ FORD 555 (B?) Loader/Backhoe drive issues.. Takes a long time to get moving. What is causing this? #2  
The F/R piston seals are old and stiff allowing oil to slip by until the oil warms up. You can get various shuttle rebuild or seal kits. You have the after 1981 version if it is a 555B and the following should be correct even though it indicates it is for earlier models.

/ FORD 555 (B?) Loader/Backhoe drive issues.. Takes a long time to get moving. What is causing this? #3  
That's funny a torque converter kit

/ FORD 555 (B?) Loader/Backhoe drive issues.. Takes a long time to get moving. What is causing this? #4