Ford 555 fluid questions

/ Ford 555 fluid questions #1  

Pops15

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 555 TLB, Caterpillar Motor Grader, Kubota L245, Ford LGT 125, FABTEK aerial platform
I recently purchased a 1980 Ford 555 TLB. I plan on changing all the fluids and filters. The owners manual specs the following lubricants:
Power steering and trans:M-2C41-A
Hydraulics: M-2C48-A
Rear axle: M-2C53-A

I've read on this and other forums to use Ambra Multi-G 134 or equivalent in place of what was spec'd by Ford when my tractor was built. I saw a cross reference chart that showed that 134 was backwards compatible with the trans and hyds, but not the rear axle! I've also read that some brands of UTF have a lower viscosity. I talked to a buddy that's an engineer for CAT. He cautioned me about using the lower vis UTF in the rear axle and trans as it could lead to excessive wear. So now I'm thoroughly confused. This is a 14,000# machine that is going to be operating on rolling ground in a pretty warm climate. In other words it's going to be worked hard. I want to make sure it has the correct fluids in it.
Buying from a NH dealer isn't very practical as they are relatively far away.
I have a Farm & Fleet store nearby that I was hoping I could get the correct fluids from.
Any suggestions?

The grease spec'd in the owners manual is M-1C137-A. I can't find any cross reference info on it. Would any good lithium or extreme pressure grease be OK to use?

Manual spec's SAE 20 for the engine. The engine has 3500 hours on it. Should I use SAE 20 or should I use something else like a multi-vis?

Thanks in advance!
Pops

/ Ford 555 fluid questions #2  
Use a high quality 15W-40 engine oil with a CH-4 rating or higher.
Use an oil meeting New Holland's MC134D spec everywhere else.

/ Ford 555 fluid questions #3  
Use a high quality 15W-40 engine oil with a CH-4 rating or higher.
Use an oil meeting New Holland's MC134D spec everywhere else.

On my LB75.B just delivered, the brake oil spec'd is Ambra LHM 10W Mineral Oil. Is that the same on the 555 or does it have different brakes?

/ Ford 555 fluid questions #4  
On my LB75.B just delivered, the brake oil spec'd is Ambra LHM 10W Mineral Oil. Is that the same on the 555 or does it have different brakes?

All Ford TLB's through and including the 'D' series had mechanical wet brakes. No brake oil used. Be sure to keep to the brake oil spec on your 'E' that has hydraulic brakes.

/ Ford 555 fluid questions
Thanks Rick.