Ford 6610 Rough Idle and Dies

/ Ford 6610 Rough Idle and Dies #1  

mojust84

Tractor
1985 Ford 6610, 1982 Ford 4610, 1982 John Deere 4840, 1988 John Deere 210c
I posted this in another forum but due to the time constraints I wanted to see if anyone may have some input on my issue:

I recently just has the injection pump (inline simms) and injectors rebuilt. When I installed it the timing marks were lined up and I set it to 27 degrees btdc like the manual says. When i put it all back together i ran it for about 30 and it ran great.

today i went to run it again and encountered a problem. It starts/runs/drives fine intially but after running it for another 30 min mowing at 1800rmp I idled it down and the idle began to increase then decrease and eventually it died. I am able to restart it but it still has the fluctuating idle and dies out once brought back to idle. it will idle for several min but then repeats the same rmp fluctuation and then dies.

my question is does this sound like an air leak? or incorrect timing? i have no visible fuel leaks anywhere

I put on a new fuel filter, and checked that I have good fuel flow from the tank to the lift pump.

/ Ford 6610 Rough Idle and Dies #2  
You don't say here or at YT whether the lift pump was replaced. if not, I'd change it. if it was changed as part of the injection pump rebuild, I'd check the output pressure from the lift pump. Should be 4 PSI.

/ Ford 6610 Rough Idle and Dies
yes the liftpump was replaced with a new one when it was rebuilt last week. It was odd but today when i went to work on it i started it up first to try and listen the engine. Everything sounded normal and the tractor ran like it should. I let it run for probably 20 -30 min while incresing the throttle for awhile and then pulling it back to idle. what gives? I will be taking the tractor 300 miles north with my fingers crossed on friday to mow a few pastures. I will run it again tomorrow to check for symptoms.