Ford 861 question

/ Ford 861 question #1  

bobsphotos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3320 Ford 641 Ford 861 Kubota L3400
I just bought an 861 and spent the day changing fluids and doing a little clean up. I noticed an oil leak at a spot on the block just to the right of the dipstick. Some previous owner had tried to put some epoxy over it but it was still weeping. I cleaned the entire area thinking it might be a threaded hole but I cannot figure out what it is. When I go to the New Holland site, the parts list for the exterior motor shows a small round circle at the same place but no part is listed. It appears to be weeping oil and not coolant.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Bob W IMG_3839_E.JPG

/ Ford 861 question #2  
9-28-14_block.JPG
My 58 861D has one as well, but I had to look to make sure as I did not remember it when I had to pull the engine. Almost looks like a Allen bolt stud. I took pics of mine back when I had to rebuild it and found these of the insides. It does not appear to be any reason for it, but I'm sure there is one.
10-6-14_#2 sleeve installing 3.JPG

/ Ford 861 question
Problem Solved.
I found the answer while looking for 861 pictures. This pic is from a forum where the mystery hole is explained.
It is a drilled cross hole from manufacturing and probably was originally threaded.
861.PNG

/ Ford 861 question #4  
So where are the obligatory pics of this new tractor

/ Ford 861 question #5  
Problem Solved.
I found the answer while looking for 861 pictures. This pic is from a forum where the mystery hole is explained.
It is a drilled cross hole from manufacturing and probably was originally threaded.
View attachment 511806

It was probably originally Plugged.