Ford Car Door Locks

/ Ford Car Door Locks #21  
If he couldn't get the door open, how would he access the hood release?

I've heard that automakers are moving in that direction. Like you, I almost never lock my vehicles (I do take the keys most of the time though), and that would be annoying as all get out.

I did have an issue with my current ('06) Jeep where the doors would occasionally lock by themselves. Turns out the rubber piece that forms the buttons on the fob was getting really floppy and it didn't take more than a slight bump to press the lock button. I guess better that than the panic button! :ROFLMAO:
Well, on a Ford focus the starter is near the bottom of engine. Solenoid is on the starter, so direct connection to battery. Put jumper cables and back feed the system and un lock the doze bruh. I run into that a lot of times. I'm up to snuff on it because we buy a lot of used vehicles at auction. I'm not a dealer, I just fix them. I go to the auction sometimes. But usually he goes and buys five or so and I have to go pick them up. It's 1 1/2 hour to the closest one. Most times they need an engine or transmission. I bring those to the shop. Who said you had to raise the hood?

/ Ford Car Door Locks #22  
I use the manual key to unlock my Toyota car doors. Just to keep them from freezing up. But I don't use the trunk/tailgate cylinder to keep them from freezing up. With the road salt around here, it is about impossible to keep them cleared. Had to use the inside trunk release. Pickup tailgate doesn't get locked. Jon

/ Ford Car Door Locks #23  
on my 2017 toyota tundra if i turn key left, the drivers door unlocks, but it i turn key left 2 times, all 4 doors unlock. i wonder if this is mechanical or electric...or a combination of both.

/ Ford Car Door Locks #24  
on my 2017 toyota tundra if i turn key left, the drivers door unlocks, but it i turn key left 2 times, all 4 doors unlock. i wonder if this is mechanical or electric...or a combination of both.
Unhook the battery terminals and try the key. You might want keep the hood open while trying. Because my Toyotas have internal hood latch releases. Jon

/ Ford Car Door Locks #26  
Well, on a Ford focus the starter is near the bottom of engine. Solenoid is on the starter, so direct connection to battery. Put jumper cables and back feed the system and un lock the doze bruh. I run into that a lot of times. I'm up to snuff on it because we buy a lot of used vehicles at auction. I'm not a dealer, I just fix them. I go to the auction sometimes. But usually he goes and buys five or so and I have to go pick them up. It's 1 1/2 hour to the closest one. Most times they need an engine or transmission. I bring those to the shop. Who said you had to raise the hood?
You're way more determined than I am. Crawling under a sedan with a pair of jumper cables trying to clip one on a stud that's only an inch or so from metal is not my idea of a good time. :ROFLMAO:

/ Ford Car Door Locks #27  
You're way more determined than I am. Crawling under a sedan with a pair of jumper cables trying to clip one on a stud that's only an inch or so from metal is not my idea of a good time. :ROFLMAO:
He probably has a wrecker, or some way to get it off the ground. I don't even like crawling under my pickup anymore.

/ Ford Car Door Locks #28  
He probably has a wrecker, or some way to get it off the ground. I don't even like crawling under my pickup anymore.
Just jacks. Tow them with a trailer on a 76 F250. I do have a winch on the trailer that sometimes works. Come along for when it doesn't.