Price Check Ford model 1920 Pricing

/ Ford model 1920 Pricing #1  

Pkaruzin

My wife and I just closed on 13 acres of land which we intend to build on next year. We will have a 9 acre horse pasture to maintane,2 or 3 acres of lawn to mow,350 foot driveway to snowblow in central ny. I was not planning to buy a new tractor till next year, but a friend of ours is selling her tractor, it's a ford model 1920 and was bought new in 1996. It has 49 hours on the engine, a ford front loader, a 60" rear snowblower,turf tires and a enclosed cab. It's 4 wheel drive and she says it has a sss transmission. It was stored inside when not in use. Her Husband was a mechanic and took great care of it, but he passed away two years ago and she would like to sell it now. She wants 18,000 for the tractor. Is this a good,fair or great price for this model. Is it worth buying this tractor a year in advance and store it or wait till next year and buy another tractor when I really need it. Since I'm a first time tractor buyer is the tractor to big for what I need to do at my new place? If you need additional information to come to a opinion on this matter just let me know and I will do my best to obtain it. We have first option on the tractor, but we only have two weeks to decide because she already has another person ready to buy.

/ Ford model 1920 Pricing #2  
Hey look good and hard before paying that much for a 1920 (old style). The boomers have a lot more features not a lot more $. I have a TC33D and it is a fine machine. Lots of power and ability.

Plus I have all the tractor I need with 20+ acres. For 9 acres you might want to look at a smaller tractor. 25-30 horsepower. Orange green and blue are all good. Try them all before you buy.

Roddy

/ Ford model 1920 Pricing #3  
I don't know what the enclosed cab goes for (or is worth) but the price, while not unreasonable, leaves you in the brand new range. The hours are ridiculously low which means it probably sat around a lot. (Has it even had a 50 hour maintenance yet?) Doesn't seem like a good enough deal to justify tying up 18K for a year. (That adds at least a $1000 carrying cost in lost interest even at 5%)

/ Ford model 1920 Pricing #4  
I realize this post is late, but I too agree with Roddy. Unless the deal were just a steal, I would consider getting the new style NH. As a Ford 2120 user, I can say that the Boomers will phase these guys out before long. Not that there is anything wrong with the old style, its just that with the hydrostatic and SuperSteer being available its a list of options I would want available to consider. As for size, bigger is almost always better, but for reasons that differ from many others. Horsepower is great, it lets you do somethings faster when you have more of it. If you don't, a lower gear is your option. My reason for bigger always comes down to the loader. I want the most lifting ability I can get, with the most cu ft bucket. If this is not important to you, a smaller tractor like the TC 33 would be ideal.