Foton 404 bits and pieces

/ Foton 404 bits and pieces #1  

fixnmix

Tractor
Foton 404A
I am pretty new to this sort of tractor, but I just 'inherited' a 404 and it was not loved in its previous life. None of the electrics work (lights, dash, etc) looks like oil and filters were changed at one time - lots of cosmetic issues, etc.. I am struggling to find simple parts. I have rubber caps that have turned brittle along with leaky seals in the fuel system. I am reasonably sure I have a failing sensor on the clutch (due to starting issues), and that is just the quick list. Once started is runs like a champ, I will say.
I would appreciate any point in the right direction for parts, for now caps for the motor oil, fuel inlet screen, and a small rubber cap on the left front of the crank case (looks orange but could have been red) that has all but turned rock hard, cracked at the threads and begun to disintegrate. I would assume I can find o-rings pretty easily - but some of those parts mentioned are making large messes and have had tendencies to pop off while using the tractor.
Thanks in advance.

Aaron

/ Foton 404 bits and pieces #2  
If you have a 40 hp I can help you some. Sold a few of them under Farm Pro name till I gave up on them. (FP, not the tractor) The 40 is a very good tractor, the 25 had lots of issues. The clutch switch is normally closed switch I believe. I have several left and will send you one if you pay the postage....I have several other small parts probably. The tractor was sold under several names. The biggest dealer I know of that might be around is in Missouri. I will try to find his name. Don't know if I still have parts diagrams or not. Will check. Good Luck.

/ Foton 404 bits and pieces #3  
Jinma 354 notes. Half of my electrical switches didn’t work but they were all repairable. Hopefully yours are repairable as well. My fuel gauge sender had no rod and float so I just made those using heavy fence wire and two wine corks. Gauges should be available. The Chinese wiring is kind of a light gauge so it’s important to clean as many contacts as possible.

I haven’t found anything that can’t be figured out or repaired yet. O rings are metric so are slightly tough to find.

If you describe the issues and post some pictures you’ll help the forum members to assist in any repairs.