Foton FT254A clutch and parts

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts #1  

Double J Ranch

Tractor
Foton 254A
Buying a 9/2005 Foton FT254A sight unseen except for a few pics. I'm told it needs a clutch. Very limited info online that I have found. I did purchase a parts manual but can't find a service spec manual or online English resources.
I see there are 2 clutch options for parts. A single stage or a dual stage clutch.
I would like to locate the parts before I drive 6 hours to buy this tractor from a friend that got it from a friend and doesn't have any information on it. I'm told it will go forward but not up an incline.
I know nothing about the Foton brand, but the price is right if I can source the parts.
How can I tell from just the make, model and serial number tag if it has a single stage or a dual stage clutch?
Any help is appreciated in learning this machine, locating a parts dealer and knowing just what I'm dealing with.
Thank you in advance.

Model FT254A
CODE TE 254-C161Q2K
9/2005

ENGINE- YANGDONG Y385T DIESEL
18.4 kW 2350 r/m
Y50700990
12/1999

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts #2  
It is probably a re-branded Jinma.
Check with Affordable tractors dot com or Circle G tractors dot com. They have parts and illustrations online.
The clutch may only need adjustment.
I don't think there is any way to tell what clutch it has by model and serial number. Their parts lists don't work that way. You have to "get eyes on it" to know what type and size it is.
If it has a manual PTO, odds are it has a two stage clutch.
Have a look at the documents here: Harnerfarm Jinma 284 maybe they will help

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts
Thank you so much for the great feedback. I was about to pass on a getting this tractor due to a lack of information. I will definitely try to adjust the clutch first with this new information. I knew about Affordable Tractors site and was very happy that they had the parts manual that I so desperately needed. They were very quick to ship me the right one. I will use them again. I didnt know about Circle G but I do now. Again thank you as I was loosing faith. Im sure this wont be my last question. I enjoy reading the posts here.

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts #4  
Take some pictures as you go through the adjustment and post them here along with an explanation.

It will help others in the future.

Best of luck and don't be afraid to ask more questions.

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts
Great idea. Sounds fun. Will do in a month or so after I go get the tractor.
Thanks

/ Foton FT254A clutch and parts #6  
Fotons are not a rebranded Jinma.
SOME of the parts are close or the same, but not enough to use most Jinma manuals.
I have a 206 Foton 504 and have several threads on them for different things.
They are a division of Lovol tractors from China and were very inexpensive when they hit
North America.
They are common under the Lovol brand all over Europe, Africa and South America, and Australia.
Manuals are VERY difficult to find as far as "vehicle specific". But there are general, often
the same, or close diagrams available.